• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TC IS improving

Fisher is a great shooter, but he can't hold Tony's jock as a PG. Let's start with the fact that there isn't a starting PG in the ACC thatchase can play on D.

It was only a few days ago that Tony held the ACC's leading scorer to something like 6-18 from the field. Before that he did the same to other PGs.

Chase can't handle the ball like Tony. Tony has the best A/TO of any Deac who plays decent minutes. I understand this fact flies in the face of the insane "TC is a TO machine" model that permeates this board, but it is the truth.

As to CJ, It would wear him down much more than we can afford. He'd also get into foul trouble on D trying to cover opposing PGs.

I know it's chic to pile on Tony, but the reality is by any rational yardstick, he is far and away our best option this year.

It would be adult if people stopped piling the kid who gives 100% every minute he's on the court.

Next year he will be role player. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to this reality.

Fisher is a great shooter, but he can't hold Tony's jock as a PG. Let's start with the fact that there isn't a starting PG in the ACC thatchase can play on D.

It was only a few days ago that Tony held the ACC's leading scorer to something like 6-18 from the field. Before that he did the same to other PGs.

Chase can't handle the ball like Tony. Tony has the best A/TO of any Deac who plays decent minutes. I understand this fact flies in the face of the insane "TC is a TO machine" model that permeates this board, but it is the truth.

As to CJ, It would wear him down much more than we can afford. He'd also get into foul trouble on D trying to cover opposing PGs.

I know it's chic to pile on Tony, but the reality is by any rational yardstick, he is far and away our best option this year.

It would be adult if people stopped piling the kid who gives 100% every minute he's on the court.

Next year he will be role player. It will be interesting to see how he adjusts to this reality.

Fair enough

I only compare Ish because he started in a similar way but turned out well.

Again, Ish had a turnover problem and played a bit too fast early on, but he led the ACC in assists as a freshman and broke the ACC tourney record for assists in a game as a freshman. The skill-sets are not remotely the same. Might as well put up Chas McFarland's numbers.

Again, Ish had a turnover problem and played a bit too fast early on, but he led the ACC in assists as a freshman and broke the ACC tourney record for assists in a game as a freshman. The skill-sets are not remotely the same. Might as well put up Chas McFarland's numbers.

There is one comparison that is logical. Through his junior year. there were many, many "experts" on this board who posted thousands of times between them that Ish wasn't an "ACC caliber" PG.

Some even said that through his senior year.

WTF are you doing up this early? Bars in NYC don't close until 4 AM.

There is one comparison that is logical. Through his junior year. there were many, many "experts" on this board who posted thousands of times between them that Ish wasn't an "ACC caliber" PG.

Some even said that through his senior year.

They know who they are and they were wrong. Ish was a vastly superior point guard to TC. I'm not knocking TC. He can get better but I don't see him being in the same league talent-wise.

Tony was fucking awful today. Dribbled into triple teams, dribbled with his head down, took awful shots, threw the ball to the other team, and refused to feed McKie in the post when he was open.

He should not have been allowed to remain on the court after about the 4th of those mistakes. That is BUZZ's fault though.

Our best five definitely includes CJ at the 1, Chase at the 2 and Tony on the bench.

They know who they are and they were wrong. Ish was a vastly superior point guard to TC. I'm not knocking TC. He can get better but I don't see him being in the same league talent-wise.

I never said he was. But it is an apt comaprison in how they were treated.

Last edited:
Tony was fucking awful today. Dribbled into triple teams, dribbled with his head down, took awful shots, threw the ball to the other team, and refused to feed McKie in the post when he was open.

He should not have been allowed to remain on the court after about the 4th of those mistakes. That is BUZZ's fault though.

Our best five definitely includes CJ at the 1, Chase at the 2 and Tony on the bench.

Chase is shooting 32% on threes mostly against 2nd team defenders and can't play anyone on D. He's not close to being ready to start in the ACC.

TC and CJ are our best starting backcourt by far.

Chase is shooting 32% on threes mostly against 2nd team defenders and can't play anyone on D. He's not close to being ready to start in the ACC.

TC and CJ are our best starting backcourt by far.

Last time I checked, 32% was better than 26%. Chase also isn't a bad basketball decision in human form.

Shame on anyone petty enough to attack one of our own this way. It's classless and pointless. You are getting upset over a playground game. Enjoy the high times and accept the bad ones.

Keep your expectations low and your acceptance high and you will never be disappointed.

Last time I checked, 32% was better than 26%. Chase also isn't a bad basketball decision in human form.

If Tony is as you say he is, how come he has the best A/TO ratio of all the players who get at least 15mpg?

Chase is a bad defender. CJ will wear down and we saw that last year's offense did not work as well with CJ at PG (with many more offensive options) than it does this year.

Also CJ will get many more fouls playing PG which will devastate our offense.

Shame on anyone petty enough to attack one of our own this way. It's classless and pointless. You are getting upset over a playground game. Enjoy the high times and accept the bad ones.

Keep your expectations low and your acceptance high and you will never be disappointed.

I hope that isn't Ron Wellman's pitch to Deacon Club high rollers.

TBR you and I agree...expectations should be high but be realistic each season.

You and I really only disagree about one topic. It's a big one though.

Calling a college basketball a playground game is a joke though. Has to be.

We don't disagree as much as you think....I'm dealing with the reality that we have....

Back