• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tebow

Think the entire piece is flawed due to his incorrect assumption on why people dislike Tebow.

I don't dislike Tebow because "he is too good to be true" and I don't want him to "trip up" because it will make me feel better. I disliked him in the past simply because of the way the media treated him, when in reality, his talent just didnt deserve that level of attention.

Now, I think it's hilarious. The media has accurately established that he really is not a good QB, but we are all befuddled at how he keeps winning.

If the media never built him up to begin with, nobody would be clamoring to tear him down.

We all know why he keeps winning.... The Broncos defense. And he doesn't turn it over. But it is odd he keeps pulling decent play out of his arse in teh 4th after sucking for 3.5 quarters. If they had Rogers, they'd be rolling people up every week.

A long time ago, in a Denver far, far away, Josh McDaniels captured the media's hearts with his youthful exuberance and leadership abilities as his Denver Broncos "just won" over a 6 game span. That was a slam dunk.

Think the entire piece is flawed due to his incorrect assumption on why people dislike Tebow.

I don't dislike Tebow because "he is too good to be true" and I don't want him to "trip up" because it will make me feel better. I disliked him in the past simply because of the way the media treated him, when in reality, his talent just didnt deserve that level of attention.

Now, I think it's hilarious. The media has accurately established that he really is not a good QB, but we are all befuddled at how he keeps winning.

If the media never built him up to begin with, nobody would be clamoring to tear him down.

He can't control the media so why would you dislike him for just going about his job?

I actually heard someone on the radio make an interesting point yesterday. He said there's a very good chance Tebow will make the pro bowl. At first, I thought there was no way. Then, I tried to think of the top 3 quarterbacks in the AFC that would not only make it...but, probably play in it...and it didnt seem that crazy.

That's not interesting. That's Christian fearmongering. Tulloch mocked Tebow, not Christianity.

Imagine the s---storm that would ensue if Muslim Tebow took himself out a game to kneel and pray toward Mecca and didn't play in preseason games because he was fasting during Ramadan. That article is ridiculous.

Last edited:
I actually heard someone on the radio make an interesting point yesterday. He said there's a very good chance Tebow will make the pro bowl. At first, I thought there was no way. Then, I tried to think of the top 3 quarterbacks in the AFC that would not only make it...but, probably play in it...and it didnt seem that crazy.

Hmmm, who's #3 after Big Ben and Brady? Dalton?

That's not interesting. That's Christian fearmongering. Tulloch mocked Tebow, not Christianity.

Imagine the s---storm that would ensue if Muslim Tebow took himself out a game to kneel and pray toward Mecca and didn't play in preseason games because he was fasting during Ramadan. That article is ridiculous.

You mean like BYU not playing games on Sunday? I can't really recall the negative feedback the Jewish Jordan got, but I can only imagine the MD fans hated him for it more than respected him.

I think that article embodies a lot of what people have been saying. They're waiting for this dude to fail because he walks the talk and way too often, the athletes most outspoken regarding moral character often succumb to the vices around them.

And the attention he's been given has most certainly been warranted through his play. He's probably one of the top 10 college players to ever play the game. He's not a good NFL QB, but he can't control what the media does.

And he's probably up for debate for the 3rd spot with Dalton and Sanchez, but his rating and completion percentage are God-awful. He'll probably finish Top 15 in rushing yards among all AFC players, though, which is pretty impressive.

Last edited:

This, I stopped reading it when the writer went on that rant about Islam. If Tebow was Muslim I doubt he'd even be playing in the NFL.

If you hate tebow bc of how the media covers him as the shit that doesn't make sense (not saying all hate him bc of this reason). I think the media coverage is exaggerated and ridiculously over optimistic about him, but I think he's a good guy and I like that he generally keeps his mouth shut and plays hard.

If you hate tebow bc of how the media covers him as the shit that doesn't make sense (not saying all hate him bc of this reason). I think the media coverage is exaggerated and ridiculously over optimistic about him, but I think he's a good guy and I like that he generally keeps his mouth shut and plays hard.

He doesn't really keep his mouth shut though. He idealizes himself and his own leadership. No doubt he is a good guy, but he believes the hype. He also has an unnecessary chip on his shoulder about somethings. Like "they said I couldn't be a D1 QB." He was the #1 recruit in the country. Who said that?

He doesn't really keep his mouth shut though. He idealizes himself and his own leadership. No doubt he is a good guy, but he believes the hype. He also has an unnecessary chip on his shoulder about somethings. Like "they said I couldn't be a D1 QB." He was the #1 recruit in the country. Who said that?

1. How does he idealize himself? I dont really see that. I think he's pretty humble, first to critique himself and puts team first.

2. Almost every great athlete, and really every athlete at that level, has made up chips on their shoulder about things. They use whatever they can, whether real or imaginary, to push themselves to compete.

I dont see it as fearmongering. It's just accurate. Generally speaking, in this country, when "the majority" is mocked it's accepted, and when "the minority" is mocked it's reprimanded.

Also, just saying he "mocked Tebow" isnt completely accurate. A more accurate statement would be he mocked Tebow's overt display of Christianity by kneeling and praying during a game. I agree that it's not a big deal at all. But, if you think the open mocking of a muslim player facing east and praying during a game would be met the same way, you're living in a dream world.

Seriously... can't people just hate on a dude. It's sports, it's supposed to be mean and irrational.

I dont see it as fearmongering. It's just accurate. Generally speaking, in this country, when "the majority" is mocked it's accepted, and when "the minority" is mocked it's reprimanded.

Also, just saying he "mocked Tebow" isnt completely accurate. A more accurate statement would be he mocked Tebow's overt display of Christianity by kneeling and praying during a game. I agree that it's not a big deal at all. But, if you think the open mocking of a muslim player facing east and praying during a game would be met the same way, you're living in a dream world.

If a Muslim dude was as devoutly and openly religious on and off the field as Tebow is. And constantly referenced his religious beliefs in every single interview he does, he would have to deal with a lot worse shit than someone making fun of his TD celebration.

I don't remember much negative uproar over Husain Abdullah fasting during training camp last year, but then I'm pretty (i.e. entirely) removed from the Minnesota Vikings.

Back