• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ted Cruz - apex douche

There are no good ones, but Murkowski and Collins (as much as I despise her) are much more reasonable humans than either Graham or Cruz.
Collins is just as bad. She's completely surprised and concerned about the consequences of her actions.

At least you can count on how Cruz will behave.

Murkowski... I'm ok with.

Are we sure about this -- not that Wiki is infallible, but I see nothing about her being an independent at any point, and, I only see her listed as a Republican now. In any event, incredibly slim picking over there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Murkowski
Ok, so I read further, she was primaried in 2010(?) but ran as a “write in” candidate in the general and won. Then in the next election she ran as a Republican again and won. My mistake. I will agree that she seems to not be a completely terrible person.

To add on the pile of awful.

Sen. Kyrsten Sinema will face an exceedingly difficult re-election race in Arizona next year, if she chooses to run. But the Democrat-turned-independent may not be sweating it all that much.

According to reporter McKay Coppins's new book, "Romney: A Reckoning," Sinema once told Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah that she could "do anything" once she's out of office and feels that what she's done in the Senate is "good enough."

"I don't care. I can go on any board I want to. I can be a college president. I can do anything," she told Romney, according to the book. "I saved the Senate filibuster by myself. I saved the Senate by myself. That's good enough for me."

Her website still shows her as (R-Alaska).
Ok, so I read further, she was primaried in 2010(?) but ran as a “write in” candidate in the general and won. Then in the next election she ran as a Republican again and won. My mistake. I will agree that she seems to not be a completely terrible person.

Collins is just as bad. She's completely surprised and concerned about the consequences of her actions.

At least you can count on how Cruz will behave.

Murkowski... I'm ok with.
Yeah there was that bit about how Romney didn't mind working with nut jobs like Ron Johnson because his lunacy was sincere and he'd at least participate in good faith, even if his positions were not based in what any sane person would consider reality. You know what you're dealing with and people like this will still do (mostly) what they say they will.

Back