• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ted Wells Report: Updated

RangersboysWFBB

Reaction score
If anyone is still interested, the Ted Wells Report on the Incognito Martin deal is out. Per usual, Deadspin did a great job breaking it down. I found this particular nugget pretty shocking and sad.

http://deadspin.com/the-messages-from-jonathan-martin-to-his-parents-are-he-1522865373

Deadspin summary
http://deadspin.com/the-worst-stuff-from-the-dolphins-investigation-updati-1522846626

SBNation summarized the worst of the whole report

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/2/...cognito-jonathan-martin-report-miami-dolphins

All you need to know about Richie Incognito
http://nypost.com/2013/11/09/booze-beefs-and-brawls-incognitos-history-of-violence/

Last edited:
He should listen to his mother. She has it figured out.

The shame is that Incognito will argue that it was a mutual friendship where they both exchanged similar texts, but the reality is that Martin was just too afraid not to play along to make it easier to survive in the locker room. Hopefully most see through that.

Incognito is a bully. There are two ways to go. Martin's way or beat the living hell out of Incognito. Or at least try and let the chips fall where they may.

Many suspected that all along. I hope people realize the extent to which Martin was hurting and how he was silently coping in a way so many people of all ages do everyday.

Without football, Icognito is probably in prison somewhere. He may end up there anyway. I've been in locker-rooms as a player and shit goes on but this was a level beyond what's acceptable. I have no clue what happens in an NFL locker-room but that really doesn't make any difference at a human, personal level. Team building is necessary but when it pushes a player out, it's too much.

Mark Schamel, Incognito’s attorney, released a statement Friday afternoon that said, “Mr. Wells' NFL report is replete with errors. The facts do not support a conclusion that Jonathan Martin's mental health, drug use or on-field performance issues were related to the treatment by his teammates.

It is disappointing that Mr. Wells would have gotten it so wrong, but not surprising. The truth, as reported by the Dolphins players and as shown by the evidence, is that Jonathan Martin was never bullied by Richie Incognito or any member of the Dolphins offensive line. We are analyzing the entire report and will release a thorough analysis as soon as it is ready.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/14/3935096/miami-dolphins-incognito-pouncey.html
Good luck with that.

I really don't get this entire incident, and now I'm even more confused.

So Martin has had issues and apparently has had them for years (middle school, high school, college, now pros) which means his problem transcends anything Incognito did, right? We've all heard stories about how rough a NFL locker room can be, given the name calling dust ups recently, so it wouldn't really matter where he played it was going to be a problem. It was obviously rough in prior locker rooms yet Martin stayed in the environment by choice for years, I guess because he was good. No one knew Martin had issues this severe, including his Mom and Incognito. Parents blame it on a bubble environment. He blames it on "white private schooling". The term "bully" is flying around which I thought was pretty much a kid thing but now apparently is a major problem with grown men and needs to be punished.

Wow. I hope he gets help and finds peace. The dude has been miserable his entire life it seems.

"The term "bully" is flying around which I thought was pretty much a kid thing but now apparently is a major problem with grown men and needs to be punished."

What planet do you live on?

So Martin has had issues and apparently has had them for years (middle school, high school, college, now pros) which means his problem transcends anything Incognito did, right? We've all heard stories about how rough a NFL locker room can be, given the name calling dust ups recently, so it wouldn't really matter where he played it was going to be a problem. It was obviously rough in prior locker rooms yet Martin stayed in the environment by choice for years, I guess because he was good. No one knew Martin had issues this severe, including his Mom and Incognito. Parents blame it on a bubble environment. He blames it on "white private schooling". The term "bully" is flying around which I thought was pretty much a kid thing but now apparently is a major problem with grown men and needs to be punished.

Wow. I hope he gets help and finds peace. The dude has been miserable his entire life it seems.

:squint:

Things like this should be a problem in any professional work environment. I can't get it to format correctly but it's from page 10 of the Wells report:
In addition, Incognito
subjected
Martin
to
racial insults. On April 6, 2013,
Incognito left the following voicemail message for Martin:
Hey, wassup
, you half
-
nigger piece of shit
I saw you on
Twitter, you been training 10 weeks.
I

ll
shit
in your
fuckin’
mouth.
I

m gonna slap your
fuckin’
mouth, I

m
gonna slap your real mother across
the face [laughter].
Fuck
you, you

re
still a rookie. I

ll
kill you

Incognito comes across as a gigantic asshole. The report makes clear the Dolphins refused to get him under control and kept excusing his out of control behavior. Read about what he did at a Dolphins charity golf event. Dude should have been arrested.

Last edited:
I really don't think this is an "NFL Locker room problem" on a whole. This is a Dolphin deal I believe starting with Jeff Ireland. I feel like every locker room differs from place to place. There is even a note that Martin apparently reached out to several different friends on other NFL teams to ask if his situation was normal which ellicited a resounding "no." If you went in the Dolphins, Seahawks, Panthers, and Cowboys locker rooms they'd be as different as walking into Bill Gates family dynamics and then visiting the Kardashians.

(the Cowboys locker room apparently has its own unique set of problems. Radio guys call it "sterile" and "corporate." There are small cliques, no sense of camaraderie, and guys barely even talk to one another. There all just collecting checks).

That report is amazing. Incognito has earned permanent enshrinement in the asshole hall of fame. He's a miserable piece of shit.

Depression can absolutely ruin an adult's life and I hope Martin is able to get the help he needs.

Lifelong Dolphins fan and I am ashamed that dickheads like Incognito, Jerry, and Pouncey ever wore Miami jerseys.

Yeah you really don't know much about this issue.

1. In regard to the first bolded sentence, the exact same thing could be said about Incognito. http://nypost.com/2013/11/09/booze-beefs-and-brawls-incognitos-history-of-violence/

2.Bolded #2 I agree, when you read the report there is no "bullying" anywhere. It's just good ole fashion work place harassment. kind of like when Richie grabbed the poor female volunteer at a golf tournament, fondled her genitals with a golf club then dumped a bottle of water on her face to embarrass her. She wasn't "bullied" she was SEXUALLY HARASSED. Same thing in regard the asian trainer tormented by Richie and others, he was not bullied but HARASSED. The kind of harassment detailed in Federal workplace laws.

3. Bolded #3. Again, this same exact sentence could be said for Richie Incognito. A cry baby bullied as a kid. Parents threatening to shoot one another. kicked out of 2 colleges, 1 before the season even starts. multiple arrests and drug charges. Kicked off of 1 NFL team already and about to be removed by another. Richie has some serious serious problems that have been with him his whole life. He needs to get help.

That is the million dollar question. Now you know how shitty my sports life is...[Redacted], Wellman, Joe Philbin, Jeff Ireland, & Stephen Ross.

lol damn. Same boat here. Bzzy, Wellman, Jerry Jones, and currently like 18 different coaches for the cowboys, most of them assigned to made up jobs. (asst. to the asst. manager…game day running coordinator?)

Back