• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ted Wells Report: Updated

It's time for Goodell to be a real fucking leader and end this shit once and for all. Hey, Rog, there are more important things that making sure players' sock lengths are to standard.

It's time for Goodell to be a real fucking leader and end this shit once and for all. Hey, Rog, there are more important things that making sure players' sock lengths are to standard.

You mean earn his 44 mil a year?

I remember several years ago watching this guy get ejected from a game when he was with the Rams - just lost his mind and started cheap-shotting guys, and was thinking what is wrong with this guy - and now fast forward to this. Richie has some serious mental issues.

So you're saying he went...

Nah, that's too easy.

That report is amazing. Incognito has earned permanent enshrinement in the asshole hall of fame. He's a miserable piece of shit.

Depression can absolutely ruin an adult's life and I hope Martin is able to get the help he needs.

I'm sort of in this camp. Where were the other guys on the team when this was going down? It sounds like none of the Dolphins stepped up and told Incognito to back off. Maybe they didn't know what was going on but I seriously doubt that. I think it's sad there was no other guy on the Dolphins to man up and tell Incognito to go fuck himself. I'm not saying Incognito should be banned from football. I don't think his behavior deserves a permanent ban. I just think he should admit he was wrong an move on. And I think Martin needs to move on to another team and follow his dream.

I really don't get this entire incident, and now I'm even more confused.

So Martin has had issues and apparently has had them for years (middle school, high school, college, now pros) which means his problem transcends anything Incognito did, right? We've all heard stories about how rough a NFL locker room can be, given the name calling dust ups recently, so it wouldn't really matter where he played it was going to be a problem. It was obviously rough in prior locker rooms yet Martin stayed in the environment by choice for years, I guess because he was good. No one knew Martin had issues this severe, including his Mom and Incognito. Parents blame it on a bubble environment. He blames it on "white private schooling". The term "bully" is flying around which I thought was pretty much a kid thing but now apparently is a major problem with grown men and needs to be punished.

Wow. I hope he gets help and finds peace. The dude has been miserable his entire life it seems.

Got forbid I elaborate on this, so I'll just say that this is pretty much what I'm thinking.

----------
Tapatalk.

I remember several years ago watching this guy get ejected from a game when he was with the Rams - just lost his mind and started cheap-shotting guys, and was thinking what is wrong with this guy - and now fast forward to this. Richie has some serious mental issues.

He has always been a head case. Lots of them in the nfl, including Martin. Martin is obviously the more sympathetic figure here, but jeez man... I feel worse for Martin than I did before all this, but he is clearly smart enough to ID the issue and the problems. Get some help. You can afford it. I know it isn't always that easy, but it seems like he sat on his depression and let it fester. It's just ugly all around.

I'd like to know what his dad said to the coaches and how the coaches responded.

----------
Tapatalk.

It's now clearer why Peyton Manning never really considered going to the Dolphins despite having a home in Miami and Miami being a warm weather city.

i'm sure elc has a good nuanced view on mental illness

Incognito, pouncey, etc were clearly a assholes, but Martin himself admits that he went along/participated in the atmosphere trying to get along. It also fits with incognitos' story - I'm shocked, I thought we were friends, I was just trying to toughen him up. Incognito and others were definitely over the top, but that isn't too far from what you might hear in a football lockerroom.

Not to this extreme, but I am sure all of us have been in situations where someone was playing along and seemingly all of a sudden they got pissed off even though we were just joking around the whole time (i.e. that escalated quickly). Terrible situation all around - I hope Martin gets the help he needs.

When their guns are threatened, Republicans say it's a mental health issue, when it's a mental health issue, Republicans say the pussies need to get over it and defend themselves - probably with guns.

Is that about right?

I'm sure ELC knows a lot about mental health and his opinion is truly informed.

When their guns are threatened, Republicans say it's a mental health issue, when it's a mental health issue, Republicans say the pussies need to get over it and defend themselves - probably with guns.

Is that about right?

I'm sure ELC knows a lot about mental health and his opinion is truly informed.

I had to scroll back up to remind myself which board I was on.

Incognito, pouncey, etc were clearly a assholes, but Martin himself admits that he went along/participated in the atmosphere trying to get along. It also fits with incognitos' story - I'm shocked, I thought we were friends, I was just trying to toughen him up. Incognito and others were definitely over the top, but that isn't too far from what you might hear in a football lockerroom.

Not to this extreme, but I am sure all of us have been in situations where someone was playing along and seemingly all of a sudden they got pissed off even though we were just joking around the whole time (i.e. that escalated quickly). Terrible situation all around - I hope Martin gets the help he needs.

I'm sorry but this is so far from the truth it's not even funny. I personally know 6 different dudes who have played for NFL teams for an extensive amount of time (obviously not counting dudes who get camp calls but not signed). I've asks 2 of them if this is what it was like and both of them gave me a "hell naw." 1 of them has been an OL for over a decade in the NFL.

Every single NFL locker room is different depending on the type of people who make it up, but the Dolphins locker room is by no means "normal." What it is is reflective of having a team leader who has been kicked off of 2 college teams, been arrested multiple times for drug use and assault charges, has been kicked off of an NFL team, has had to conceal settlements regarding sexual assault suits, and has been generally regarded as drunk loser by many of his past teammates. Let's not even start on Mike "Free Hernandez" Pouncey.

Yeah, Martin should probably seek some counseling but it at least sounds like he has a grasp of his situation. Incognito on the other hand? He needs to immediately seek treatment (like he has in the past) to address some of his serious issues before rapes someones daughter, kills someone, or gets himself killed. You should read the link about the guy I posted. He's a pretty sad case. He's not a tough guy at all.

Ross Tucker ‏@RossTuckerNFL Feb 14
Beyond compared to 5 teams I was on. MT: @littleinsteins: is MIA typical locker room in NFL or beyond that?

Back