• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tedious Tasks That Take Waaaaaaay Longer Than Anticipated

Prepping brussel sprouts.
Firing bzzz.

How are you prepping them? I typically slice once, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle salt, and roast on 425 for about 10 minutes.

How are you prepping them? I typically slice once, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle salt, and roast on 425 for about 10 minutes.

ditto, but i'm with ITK. i take a moment to pull off the loose leaves and it always takes longer than expected.

I cut the bottoms off, cut them in half, remove any gross looking leaves, wash them, let them dry for 10 minutes and then do the same as you (well, I use garlic salt).

I do cut the bottoms as well. The leaves just come off after slicing them in half so it's just discarding them. The work is worth it. Brussel sprouts and fried okra barely last the process of making dinner.

just confirmed: bathing the dog

A lil parm on the Brussels sprouts is awesome.

and it is officially the off season when people are actually discussing brussel sprouts on a message board.

Parm on anything is good.

and it is officially the off season when people are actually discussing brussel sprouts on a message board.

not really...I think it's discussed around the holidays when people post recipes, esp. since sprouts are more of a winter thing anyway

putting up plantation blinds. Somehow driving a grand total of 4 screws per blind always takes forever. Although this last time it only took me 30 minutes per blind, I must be getting better at it.

yeppp. it makes more of a difference with super fresh-grown stuff because those little triangle nub things can be tough.

Usually the tough ones are snapped off anyway, at least in my experience.

regardless of the nubs, it definitely makes for more tender veggies. when you roast them.

Back