• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

teen jailed for sarcastic internet comment

somebody told him he was sick in the head, so he thought of the most facetious thing he could say and said it, adding the even more demented part about devouring hearts. he said it in front of only a few people at a private virtual gathering (as opposed to on the local radio or something, where it would be wildly inappropriate), none of whom have been directly affected by a school shooting, so that and the context it is in make his comments pretty forgivable in my mind.

in this day and age it would be a good idea to report the comment to the local police and maybe they ask to search or get a warrant..but it should have ended when the search failed to turn up any firearms, much less any plans or maps or blueprints or documents. can't believe he's an avid game player and they at least couldn't pin marijuana paraphernalia charges on him or having a road sign hanging from his wall or a six pack in his mini-fridge or SOMETHING since they were obviously out to get him. to my knowledge they found literally nothing. to me that's impressive...PD can usually find something, but then again i guess they did have something--communicating "terroristic threats"--whatever that means, and apparently that was plenty to hold him on.

if they put him in actual prison i can see being on suicide watch. jail? not so much.

he is an idiot for talking to the police without a lawyer though.

Last edited:
one time long before 9/11 my family and i were going on a trip somewhere and they wanted to scan a magazine one of us was carrying. i said "oh yeah there could easily be a bomb in there..."

the lady looked at me pretty seriously and said quietly "don't joke about that in an airport, ever. you know they could delay your entire plane for that for hours." then my dad walked up and said "what's going on?" and someobody, maybe me, said "they're checking the magazine for a bomb." and he said "well, you left all those at home, right?"

pretty good way to actually smuggle a bomb on a plane..misdirection + excessive joking about it + plus white skin + travel with family.

I'd never say that now because i don't like having things inserted into my anus.

in this day and age it would be a good idea to report the comment to the local police and maybe they ask to search or get a warrant..but it should have ended when the search failed to turn up any firearms, much less any plans or maps or blueprints or documents. can't believe he's an avid game player and they at least couldn't pin marijuana paraphernalia charges on him or having a road sign hanging from his wall or a six pack in his mini-fridge or SOMETHING since they were obviously out to get him. to my knowledge they found literally nothing. to me that's impressive...PD can usually find something, but then again i guess they did have something--communicating "terroristic threats"--whatever that means, and apparently that was plenty to hold him on.

Can understand why they would investigate and question the kid, but beyond that it makes no sense.

Gotta wonder how much stuff the Boston cops had to overlook when they were searching house to house for the bomber?

Hard to feel sorry for the kid if he's on suicide watch over this. It's probably overkill, but you gotta understand it from the people who don't know him who heard him say that. That's something that you hear after a person shoots up a school. "I played League of Legends with him online and he would say that he was going to shoot up a school. I just thought he was being sarcastic. I wish I had let somebody know." This is like joking about a bomb in an airport. Don't be stupid. I'm not going to feel sorry for someone who thinks joking about shooting up kids is quality sarcasm.
He was arguing online with a handful of gamers and a person said to him, "You're sick in the head" to which he responded, "Yeah, I'm real sick in the head, I'm gonna shoot up a school..." and then added "lol" and "just kidding". They searched his house and took his computer and there was nothing to indicate he planned on shooting up a school- no weapons, etc. Yet they still threw him in jail and gave him a $500,000 bond for making "terroristic threats". That's more than what a lot of rapists, murderers, and robbers get. It is insane and indicative of a "justice" system that is out of control and routinely trampling on the rights of citizens- with no accountability. Common sense and sanity have been thrown out the window.

Last edited:
Also, the people he was talking to weren't worried by what he said- they realized it was a sarcastic comment. It was a dumbass lady from Canada who came across the comment and took a screen grab of it and sent it to Canadian Crime Stoppers that started all this.

i thought she herself had gone and dug up his IP/MAC and went all det. Colombo on his ass? if she did she's the one who needs her brain checked.

i thought she herself had gone and dug up his IP/MAC and went all det. Colombo on his ass? if she did she's the one who needs her brain checked.

Yeah, I read that as well. Regardless, I don't see how you can't have some sympathy for him. Yes, it was a stupid thing to say. But if we start imprisoning all gamers who have said stupid shit at some point I suspect more than half of them would be in jail. 5 months in jail, beat up, had his stuff stolen, naked in solitary because he was on a suicide watch...and he's still looking at 10 years. Send the cops to his house, tell him he shouldn't be saying stuff like that because idiots in Canada will be freaked out, and let him get back to work.

Yeah, I read that as well. Regardless, I don't see how you can't have some sympathy for him. Yes, it was a stupid thing to say. But if we start imprisoning all gamers who have said stupid shit at some point I suspect more than half of them would be in jail. 5 months in jail, beat up, had his stuff stolen, naked in solitary because he was on a suicide watch...and he's still looking at 10 years. Send the cops to his house, tell him he shouldn't be saying stuff like that because idiots in Canada will be freaked out, and let him get back to work.

I definitely agree this kid more than likely poses no danger.

But what if they had found something like this in Adam Lanza's past?...everyone would be flipping their shit that nothing was done to stop it.

I think had it been anything OTHER than shooting kids, then nothing would have happened....but this kid was a dumbass

Back