• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about Nashville

You have to go to Pralines by Leon. It's on 2nd Avenue, just a few blocks from Broadway. They have some AMAZING whiskey and amaretto pralines! I brought home about 8 and then were gone within 2 days.

Also I'm not sure if its been mentioned, and I know its pretty cliche, but I highly recommend The Whiskey Kitchen. Its got really good bar food and all kinds of bourbon/whiskey that is very reasonably priced. I'm pretty sure I got a Maker's double for like $4.50/$5.00.

Also I'm not sure if its been mentioned, and I know its pretty cliche, but I highly recommend The Whiskey Kitchen. Its got really good bar food and all kinds of bourbon/whiskey that is very reasonably priced. I'm pretty sure I got a Maker's double for like $4.50/$5.00.

DO WANT

once some of you folks decide on a hotel that's reasonably priced and located, I'd love for you to share your findings!

Mrs. Deacfreak & I are leaning towards the Airport Marriott, because we are on a budget.

Pagin Ellis........

Actaully I spent some time in Nashville myself man and it is an awesome town. As far as restuarants go I suggest that you and the wife hit up the Whiskey Kitchen on 12th street for dinner one night and then head down to the strip on Broadway to go out afterwards. The kitchen has a fantastic selection of bourbons, and you get an enormous Makers for like $5. Plus they have pretty awesome upscale bar food if y'all are down for that kind of thing.
Whiskey kitchen is amazing, it's on 12th. You also have the Hard Rock downtown and Sole Mio Italian restaurant which I think is on 2nd avenue.

Mrs. Deacfreak & I are leaning towards the Airport Marriott, because we are on a budget.

thanks.

I am now trying to decide which is the best of three subpar locations - near Vandy, near the airport, or near Opryland. Downtown is just too expensive for me.

I never made it to Whiskey Kitchen, but there's a sushi place across the street that's upscale and had a cool vibe. Lots of good looking womenz there the night I went for dinner.

Last edited:
thanks.

I am now trying to decide which is the best of three subpar locations - near Vandy, near the airport, or near Opryland. Downtown is just too expensive for me.

Vandy is a VERY short cab ride to downtown
Airport is longer. Opry is equal to or further out than the airport FWIW.

I'm going with the folks to this one. Since the wife and I JUST MOVED from Nashville (grr...) we are staying in Murfreesboro to beat the cost of staying in Nashville. My plan is to hit Broadway about noon and hang until gametime, then head to M'boro after. I'll miss out on the after-parties, but with a normal Friday night + bowl game Broadway is going to be a MESS.

thanks.

The Airport Marriott is 5 miles from the stadium according to Hotels.com. Tripadvisor also ranks it #8 in Nashville. Plus the cost of two nights is the same as one night in downtown. We will probably stay 12/29 and 12/30 and do New Year's at home.

The Airport Marriott is really nice. When I was posted up at the Residence Inn across the street I would walk over from time-to-time and hang out. But I am/was a Marriott Platinum Rewards baller.

Expedia is showing the Holiday Inn Express Downtown for $286/night. WTF?

My sister got really lucky. She booked a flight on Southwest yesterday and the website asked her if she wanted to add a hotel. She clicked yes and got the Loews Vanderbilt. The cost of the entire package is the same as a hotel downtown for two nights. Boss.

:iwillbeballininnashville

If you need a good laugh while you are there, be sure to visit Dolly Parton's store. I can't begin to describe it.

If you need a good laugh while you are there, be sure to visit Dolly Parton's store. I can't begin to describe it.

Where is that located? My wife is a huge Dolly fan since she was a kid. Will probably have to make the trip.

Back