• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about San Deigo

Either Gaslamp for nightlife, or Pacific Beach. Depends what sort of night life you are after....

Stone Brewery is awesome, but too far away....Not a huge fan of Shakespeare's but that's mostly because English beer sucks.

Balboa is awesome. The Gliderport at Torrey Pines is really cool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrey_Pines_Gliderport

Get breakfast at the Tractor Room. The Free Range Wild Boar Hash is incredible. http://www.thetractorroom.com/principal.html

Also like Sea World more than the Zoo, but that's just preference....

Coronado is a good call. Old Town and Cabrillo National Monument are two of my favorite spots. Cabrillo is on the tip of Point Loma, and offers incredible views looking back at San Diego, Coronado, and Tijuana.

I much prefer the zoo over sea world, sea world has better shows but that's about it. It has a couple rides now too but nothing too great. At the zoo get the hop on hop off bus pass, ride the bus all the way around the first time to get an overview then use the bus to save you some walking so you can spend more time seeing animals. Try to get there early because you wil see the most animals out.

You could take a harbor cruise too. If you want a great view of downtown go to prime 10/island prime on harbor island. I like going there for happy hour. It's a short cab ride from downtown, close to the airport.

There are pedicabs all over the gas lamp, have had good success negotiating their price down in the past.

Either Gaslamp for nightlife, or Pacific Beach. Depends what sort of night life you are after....

Stone Brewery is awesome, but too far away....Not a huge fan of Shakespeare's but that's mostly because English beer sucks.

Balboa is awesome. The Gliderport at Torrey Pines is really cool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrey_Pines_Gliderport

Get breakfast at the Tractor Room. The Free Range Wild Boar Hash is incredible. http://www.thetractorroom.com/principal.html

Also like Sea World more than the Zoo, but that's just preference....

Coronado is a good call. Old Town and Cabrillo National Monument are two of my favorite spots. Cabrillo is on the tip of Point Loma, and offers incredible views looking back at San Diego, Coronado, and Tijuana.

You can't really go wrong with either of these locations, but the Gas Lamp will be much closer to you.

Definently catch a sunset at Gliderpoint.

Cabrillo and even the drive over the bridge to Coronado have great views.

The Balboa Park golf course is pretty nice and cheap as well if you can't get on TP.

The aircraft carrier tour is well worth it.

You can't really go wrong with either of these locations, but the Gas Lamp will be much closer to you.

The Balboa Park golf course is pretty nice and cheap as well if you can't get on TP.

Yeah I haven't bothered to confirm, but I've heard that the Torrey Pines Gliderport and Kitty Hawk are the only two places in the US with wind drafts capable of launching and returning glider aircraft. It's pretty freaky to see these people launch off, zip around a few times, then return....

There are actually a few other ships to check out if you go to the carrier. The Maritime Museum has a bunch of old ships, including the Star of India and the ship that was used in Master and Commander, starring Russell Crow, badass.

Do you know if they have like gliders you can rent or ride with someone on? That would be awesome to go do

Yeah I haven't bothered to confirm, but I've heard that the Torrey Pines Gliderport and Kitty Hawk are the only two places in the US with wind drafts capable of launching and returning glider aircraft. It's pretty freaky to see these people launch off, zip around a few times, then return....

There are actually a few other ships to check out if you go to the carrier. The Maritime Museum has a bunch of old ships, including the Star of India and the ship that was used in Master and Commander, starring Russell Crow, badass.
Definitely going to have to hit that up looking at the aircraft carrier and Star of India. I've read about all the Patrick O'Brien novels so that's a must see then for me

Get a California Burrito...my personal favorite spot would be El Indio. I love that place and always go at least a couple of times when we visit.

Do you know if they have like gliders you can rent or ride with someone on? That would be awesome to

You can pay to go out on a Paraglider or hang glider. It depends on wind conditions and your weight though. There is a good sandwich shop there if you just want to grab some food and enjoy the view/watch the people gliding.

Back