• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tell me about Vancouver

My wife and I are going up in a couple of weeks (with our three month old son) - probably going to drive since that will be fastest. Where should we stay? Will people give us dirty looks if we bring our baby to a restaurant?

Stay downtown in the north part near Stanley Park and away from Chinatown, BC Place, and the Canucks arena. You'll look like plenty of other couples there in your 30s with a baby in tow. Especially if you're on bikes. I can give you a rec of a boutique hotel/furnished apartment on a nice residential side street.

Last edited:
Stay downtown. You'll look like plenty of other couples there in your 30s with a baby in tow. Especially if you're on bikes. I can give you a rec of a boutique hotel/furnished apartment on a nice residential side street.

Bikes with a 3 mos old?

in 6th grade we had to pick a place in the world to research as though we were visiting. For some reason I picked Vancouver. Never been though.

Stay downtown in the north part near Stanley Park and away from Chinatown, BC Place, and the Canucks arena. You'll look like plenty of other couples there in your 30s with a baby in tow. Especially if you're on bikes. I can give you a rec of a boutique hotel/furnished apartment on a nice residential side street.

Yes, please.

Sweet town. Went several times when living in WA state. Don't be nervous. Was very futuristic back then. Been a few years. Weird place especially in the context of Canada. I dug it.

Yes, please.

Lord Stanley Suites on the Park.

http://www.lordstanley.com/

"Staying at Lord Stanley is like living as a local, whether your stay is just one night or for several months."

Very true. Make sure you get a view of the bay. The rooms aren't fancy but it's a studio with a full kitchen. Good for a baby. Something comparable costs about $400-500K in the Vancouver housing market. I looked at the end of our stay.

Back