• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Good schedule today. Wolf vs Medvedev, Serena vs Sloane Stephens, Thiem vs Cilic, plus Rublev, Tiafoe, Kenin, FAA, Keys, etc playing.

fell asleep during the fifth set, but the Coric comeback against Tsitsipas was nuts

I have no idea what he was trying to do, but the headlines saying it was unintentional seems a bit presumptuous. The top tennis player in the world mistakenly hit someone standing 20 feet away who literally doesn't move from that spot the entire match? Bizarre situation.

There has been some great play so far, hopefully this doesn't become the story.

Everyone on twitter is suddenly a fucking expert on tennis rules. Lol.

It's the rules though. Usually this doesnt happen to the #1 player in the world, but it has happened to other players. Tennis is a hard sport mentally. Hell, I've been hit by other players in local league matches who are pissed off. They apologize and we move on.

Crazy on the same day Lewis Hamilton lost an F1 race because of a dumb team mistake, Djokovic loses the tournament on a dumb mistake. The best in their sport with bonehead moves.

I have no idea what he was trying to do, but the headlines saying it was unintentional seems a bit presumptuous. The top tennis player in the world mistakenly hit someone standing 20 feet away who literally doesn't move from that spot the entire match? Bizarre situation.

I hear ya, but I think it was unintentional. A really dumb decision though - you can’t fire balls around the court like that. This might be the moment that drives Hawkeye for all calls at the US Open, so there are fewer people around the court.

I'm no Djokovic fan and won't apologize for him, but it looked like he was trying to send the ball back to the ball person. Normal behavior, but he fucked up. He didn't mean to do it and he's not a monster. But it happened.

I think the fact the woman made a huge deal about it made it worse for Djok

I’m sure hitting her in the throat was unintentional.

But it doesn’t matter.

Right call.

It's sad and unfortunate but it's the rules. If they had let him continue , being the number 1 player in the world, it would've been bullshit.

Pulling for Tiafoe and Aliassime on the men's side and Sakkari on the women's. I might be alone but I find tournaments way more enjoyable without dominating players all but locked in to the finals.

I agree.

I mean, I’d never hope for something like what happened today. But it’s fun to see who will take advantage of the absence of the big three and win a major tournament.

No real favorite defs makes it more interesting but man, it’s also bananas that three guys have dominated for so long when there is no lack of talent coming for them

Thiem looked really good against Cilic — Medvedev is the guy I’d bet on gun to head with Thiem next

would love to see Shapo make a deep run

the thing about the Djok deal is if he doesn’t hit the lady or if she happened to catch it, he’s not ejected

I don’t like rules that are enforced by outcome and not action

Pulling for Tiafoe and Aliassime on the men's side and Sakkari on the women's. I might be alone but I find tournaments way more enjoyable without dominating players all but locked in to the finals.

Well, looks like all three will be knocked out today...

Back