• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

The US Open semis should be great. The women have particularly compelling matches, with Brady (former UCLA player) vs Osaka (probably the best player in the world, and a great advocate for social justice) and on the other side the mothers and all-time greats, Serena vs Azarenka. The matches start tonight at 7 pm.

The men have Carreno Busta (previously won the Winston-Salem Open) vs Zverev (trying to break through in a major) and the favorites Medvedev (also won a Winston-Salem Open) vs Thiem.

Serena is 19-4 versus Azarenka. When is the last time two moms met in the semifinals of the US Open?

ESPN keeps showing results of the Winston-Salem Open but I figure it's gotta actually be some European tournament

I think Thiem-Medvedev is for the championship

was bummed Shapo lost to Carreno Busta

It's been enjoyable watching Azarenka play. She's playing well and seems to really be enjoying the experience.

Sort of wish the Azarenka/Williams match was the final. Just wish them both well.

It's been enjoyable watching Azarenka play. She's playing well and seems to really be enjoying the experience.

Sort of wish the Azarenka/Williams match was the final. Just wish them both well.

After her match last night she said she used to see tennis as a job, and now she sees it as a privilege and has a lot of joy on the court.

On serve in 1st set Osaka v Brady.

Pretty even playing...slight edge to Osaka, probably.

I think Osaka has a slight edge wrt serving, moving, and ball placement.

But Brady definitely has a chance.

With the women’s matches only being three sets, I feel like every player has a chance every match, which has its pros and cons.

After her match last night she said she used to see tennis as a job, and now she sees it as a privilege and has a lot of joy on the court.
I don't remember which match, but at the net she told her opponent "thanks I had fun". Never heard a pro say that; that's what you in hear in local mixed doubles league. I thought it was awesome.

Not sure Serena can overcome an ankle injury here.

Back