• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Djokovic alternating between mediocre and unbeatable right now.

Almost as good as my 4.5 mixed match last night.

This was a great match but Nadal dropped off enormously in the fourth. Announcers were a little overexcited calling it one of the best ever.

does this make Novak the best of all time now?

in a few days he'll basically be 1 back (and woulda been tied if not for the DQ) and he's got a winning h2h record vs both. GOAT.

not yet

I think he's gotta pass fed in grand slams first

That’s the minimum requirement for me. And I do think he’ll get there but I’m an absolute Fed GOAT diehard. That dual 5-peat Wimbledon/US Open stretch (plus three Australians) is to me the best stretch of tennis ever. Never thought Djokovic would get to this level though. Nadal is third for me given how heavy his resume is on red clay. Which is undeniably impressive and will never come close to being equaled (or even half).

Talk about a golden age for the sport though.

Nadal was 26-0 in the semifinals and Finals at Roland Garros until today.

Beating Nadal head to head at the French goes a long way to moving him to GOAT status. Two more majors and there’s no argument.

Agree that commentators were a little quick to call that a GOAT match. 3rd set was high quality from both but Nadal was not that great in the 2nd and 4th.

I’m a big Nadal fan and Djokovic is already GOAT for me. Peak Djokovic beats peak Fed or peak Nadal regardless of where all the totals shake out. And when it’s all done, he will have had the best overall career too, not needing to rack up a bunch of GSs in a weaker era or on a single surface. I think he’s got a really good shot at all 4 slams this year

If Djoker wins the Grand Slam this year the argument is pretty much over. He still needs to win Sunday though as impressive as today’s win may be. I also think Fed at his peak was better but that’s an argument with no real resolution so…

For some reason the match is delayed for me so watching it now.........That 40/40 point at 5/5 in the third.

I'm not expert enough to say who beats whom at their peak, but peak Djok vs. peak Fed at the US Open would be something to watch

I'm not expert enough to say who beats whom at their peak, but peak Djok vs. peak Fed at the US Open would be something to watch

I think nobody beats peak Nadal at the French, peak Fed at Wimbledon, or peak Djokovic at US/Australian opens.

Ummm….was that championship point called out correctly…?

Damn if it didn’t look in live…and they’ve not yet showed a replay.

Back