• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

I've always enjoyed watching tennis, especially the majors, but I've found myself super annoyed lately by one aspect of the TV coverage. I HATE how often they cut to the players box. It feels like it's after nearly every shot. Maybe it's always been this way and I'm just getting older and into "get off my lawn" territory, but it just feels more frequent than it used to be...I understand the occasional cut to a celeb or a royal or whatever, but I don't give a shit about seeing some French dude's coach clapping and looking intense after every single point. Driving me crazy.

Rant over, carry on.

3 American men and one woman playing today in singles at Wimbledon.

And their coaches entourages will be doing their thing.

Played against him in high school + USTA. Completely unfair. The worst part about it is he was the second best player on his HS team

He's a great guy to be around and easy to root for
Who played #1 on his HS team?

Eubanks wins again. He's a great story. I remember well watching him play John Ho at #1 singles in the Wake Indoor.

Who played #1 on his HS team?

Eubanks wins again. He's a great story. I remember well watching him play John Ho at #1 singles in the Wake Indoor.
Zack Kennedy. Played a year at Clemson and between some questionable coaching there + just not being able to shed some weight (the guy has been built like a linebacker since he was 15) he ended up transferring to Georgia State and played well at line one there for a few years. Looked to be in way better spirits after transferring, him and Eubanks ended up winning a main draw doubles match in Atlanta over some seeded players iirc

Zack Kennedy. Played a year at Clemson and between some questionable coaching there + just not being able to shed some weight (the guy has been built like a linebacker since he was 15) he ended up transferring to Georgia State and played well at line one there for a few years. Looked to be in way better spirits after transferring, him and Eubanks ended up winning a main draw doubles match in Atlanta over some seeded players iirc
Thanks! I remember watching Petros play Zack Kennedy at the Wake Indoor - Petros beat him 6-0, 6-0 in one of the most dominating matches I have ever seen (he almost had a golden set in the second).

Crazy rise for Eubanks. Going into this year's Wimbledon, Eubanks had never advanced out of the Wimbledon qualifier; he was 0 for 4. After being a pro for five years, this year, he cracked the top 100 for the first time in June. Eubanks found something in the short 2023 grass season as he won the Mallorca Championships, the tournament preceding Wimbledon, for his first ATP title. He has now advanced the Wimbledon QFs and has won nine matches in row, all on grass.

The crazy thing is how dominant Eubanks has been in tiebreakers. For Wimbledon, he is 5-0; going back to Mallorca, Eubanks has won 9 straight tiebreakers. Wonder what the ATP record is for that.

In an interview the other day, Eubanks said he started doing commentary after asking his agent to find another option because his tennis career wasn’t working out.

In an interview the other day, Eubanks said he started doing commentary after asking his agent to find another option because his tennis career wasn’t working out.
He was a good commentator. That gig will probably be on hold for a while. He did say that commentating helped him more objectively assess his own play and strategy.

Back