• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

pretty cool. serena retiring has made me interested in pro tennis for the first time in like 20 years.

Tiafoe has been fighting like hell to claw back into the match again and again. Just struggling to sustain momentum.

Why should tennis matches last as much as five hours ? Can’t be for ratings.

pretty cool. serena retiring has made me interested in pro tennis for the first time in like 20 years.
Same here. I've mostly missed 20 years of evolution of the game, so these matches have blown my mind. I missed that women are serving as hard as men. The men and women are making plays I don't remember being possible.

Great match. Alcaraz is that dude. All the talk before the match was that he wouldn't hold up for another 5 set match.

Last edited:
Alcaraz looks like he could be the guy. The diversity of shots he has in his arsenal is incredible. If he improves at all or stays healthy, he will win an awful lot.

Alcaraz looks like he could be the guy. The diversity of shots he has in his arsenal is incredible. If he improves at all or stays healthy, he will win an awful lot.

Alcaraz and Sinner seem like they could have a long lasting rivalry like Nadal and Federer.

Tiafoe was so tough the last 2 weeks. He can win a major - hopefully several.

If Alcaraz can develop a strong serve he’ll be unbeatable

pulling for Carlos but I think Ruud takes this one

It’s easy to make the Alcarez-Nadal comp but he’s got a lot more Joker in him imo. His ability to win points with power while moving side to side is crazy. He hits so many winners from a disadvantaged spot.

It’s easy to make the Alcarez-Nadal comp but he’s got a lot more Joker in him imo. His ability to win points with power while moving side to side is crazy. He hits so many winners from a disadvantaged spot.

Agreed. If you said he was from belgium, I don’t think anyone would even mention Nadal.

LFG Alcaraz! That dude is going to win slams by the handful.

Last edited:
I love watching Alcaraz play, but that was not the result we were hoping to see in my Norwegian household.

Agreed. If you said he was from belgium, I don’t think anyone would even mention Nadal.
he does hit with a good deal of topsin a la Nadal, but yes, game overall more like Djok

if he stays healthy this is the first of many -- such a complete game

was a bummer watching my girl Taylor Townsend fall in the doubles finals after being up a set and 4-1 in the second

he does hit with a good deal of topsin a la Nadal, but yes, game overall more like Djok

if he stays healthy this is the first of many -- such a complete game

was a bummer watching my girl Taylor Townsend fall in the doubles finals after being up a set and 4-1 in the second
Townsend is awesome - super fun to watch play and incredible in doubles.

Good comments on Alcaraz, Fed, and Nadal by several posters. I guess I can't get the Spanish part out of my head when making comparisons, but Alcaraz also has the two handed backhand, winning as a teen, incredible lateral movement, and a similar serve to Nadal.

Wonder how much the legacy discussions would be different if he converted one of those match points versus Joker in 2019

Back