• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tennis

Is Sabalenka considered unlikable? Because based on what I've seen, she seems miserable.

Her on court personality and her off court personality are polar opposites of each other.

Off court, she very bubbly and silly.

I think Gauff's ability to run down everything is the reason Sabalenka is having so many unforced errors. Just feels like every shot has to be perfect to be a winner.

I think Gauff's ability to run down everything is the reason Sabalenka is having so many unforced errors. Just feels like every shot has to be perfect to be a winner.
That last point is a good example. Sabalenka kept hammering Gauff's forehand and it just didn't work.

Sabalenka absolutely HAMMERS the ball. the down side is she's generating plenty of pace for Coco who just needs to get strings to ball in some cases

Love watching tennis but the cutting to shots of the players box after nearly every shot is getting absolutely unbearable.

Djokovic has

89 wins in Australia
92 at the French
92 at Wimbledon
88 at the US Open

If he hadn't chosen not to get vaccinated, costing him appearances at Aus and US in '22, he'd be over 90 at each event.

Can he play at a high level for two more years and get 100+ wins at all four?

it's gotten way worse

did anyone note if there were any celebrities at the matches?
This is interesting - it has never bothered me, but obviously crowd shots seem to annoy some people based on this thread. What would you propose they show between points? Players toweling off, stats, announcers, something else I'm not thinking of?

It was driving me a little crazy when Cliff was going to Mary Jo in between basically every Alcaraz point against Medvedev and asking for a translation, and like 75% of the time Ferrero was just saying "vamos" or something like that. "Well, Cliffy, he said 'be strong' and 'let's go' there."

Sometimes it's just nice to let the point breathe a little, in my opinion. Show the highlight from a couple different angles, talk about it (or not! Silence is fine!), move on. I think there's a tendency to feel a need to always be doing something or saying something, and that doesn't always work for me, personally, but I think I often have weird, specific announcer/production gripes.

Back