• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

Either, Te'o is either an absolute moron with unseen levels of being gullible or there is still something fishy about this story.

Te'o was talking to Ronaiah, simply disguising his voice like a woman. Someone please get Ronaiah on tv and ask him to give us an example of him disguising his voice as a woman.

"The soul-baring chats between the star linebacker and the man posing as his phantom girlfriend were the linchpin of their fake fairy-tale romance. But Te’o apparently never realized it was Tuiasosopo disguising his voice to assume the persona of stunning, sassy Stanford coed Kekua."

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php...e-phone-for-hours-during-many-of-those-calls/

There's been something fishy about this story for a while.

My favorite part is a "source" (read: Te'o's agent/lawyer) giving ESPN a spreadsheet full of, they claim, Te'o's phone records. Just release the actual records or none at all. Don't doctor them up and act like they're real.

Also, yes. There HAS to be some show with tons of money out there (Howard Stern, maybe?) that will pay Ronnaih big bucks to come on and do a lady voice.

PLEASE.

Can we just get to the point here that Te'o is gay and was having a relationship with this guy? You can't tell me that he didn't notice it was a guy he was talking to on the end of the phone. That, or the lawyer forged the phone records.

Damn it... I was so over this story. Now Manti has to say he fell in love with a dude on the phone making a lady voice.

persona of stunning, sassy Stanford coed Kekua."

She really isn't even that attractive... Heisman runner-up should be able to pull something better

espn_tm_d1_600.jpg

Reactions: ITK
So this dude had a crush on Te'o and would talk to him for hours in a woman's voice? Crazy ish. I wonder if the conversations ever got sexual. :eek:

I mean, seriously. This is just so ... weird.

I'll say this: if Te'o is gay, and was covering his homosexual relationship with this "internet girlfriend" angle -- not really likely, since Tuiasosopo has done this Lennay scam before, but whatever -- then Te'o needs to come out of the closet immediately. He'd go from laugingstock to sympathic hero figure in a heartbeat. He might want to consider it even if he isn't gay.

I mean, seriously. This is just so ... weird.

I'll say this: if Te'o is gay, and was covering his homosexual relationship with this "internet girlfriend" angle -- not really likely, since Tuiasosopo has done this Lennay scam before, but whatever -- then Te'o needs to come out of the closet immediately. He'd go from laugingstock to sympathic hero figure in a heartbeat. He might want to consider it even if he isn't gay.

Come out before the draft?

Being the first major gay athlete in the major American sport would probably be even harder than saying you fell in love with a non-existent girl.

Come out before the draft?

Absolutely. Be the Tim Tebow of gay rights. Sell millions of jerseys. Be the first openly gay professional athlete -- and a talented one, at that -- heading into his career. Some athlete is going to break that barrier eventually, and end up being immortal (thought it's not going to be a pleasure cruise, obviously).

From where Te'o is standing now, I think that's a much better path than forever being the guy who had an hoaxed internet relationship with another dude who tricked him into thinking he was his dying girlfriend.

Just my opinion, but if the shoe fits, I'd prefer to be a hero to some than a joke to all.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Be the Tim Tebow of gay rights. Sell millions of jerseys. Be the first openly gay professional athlete -- and a talented one, at that -- heading into his career. Some athlete is going to break that barrier eventually, and end up being immortal (thought it's not going to be a pleasure cruise, obviously).

Name the first pro black athlete. Hint: it's not Jackie Robinson.

You can't, so you can't argue that he'll automatically become immortal. If he comes out and then flames out in the NFL, so will his legacy

Name the first pro black athlete. Hint: it's not Jackie Robinson.

You can't, so you can't argue that he'll automatically become immortal. If he comes out and then flames out in the NFL, so will his legacy

Depends on your definition of "athlete", right?

From where Te'o is standing now, I think that's a much better path than forever being the guy who had an hoaxed internet relationship with another dude who tricked him into thinking he was his dying girlfriend.

Just my opinion, but if the shoe fits, I'd prefer to be a hero to some than a joke to all.

Yeah, he'd have a ton of fans if he did that. Right now he's a national punchline. As long as this went on I'm thinking he had to have jerked it to this dude pretending to be a chick...multiple times. I hope Katie Couric asks him that. LOL!

Back