• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

I still don't believe that dude possibly made the girl voices on Te'o's phone. There HAS to be another hoaxer out there somewhere.
I thought so too, until I heard this. Turns out he was in love with Te'o and was doing her voice- he was on Dr. Phil and this sounds exactly like the recording Katie Couric played. Te'o was in love with a dude and didn't know it. Talking to him for hundreds of hours. Crazy.
That recording was sent to voice analysts, one of whom concluded Tuiasosopo was "a true talent" who had abilities the analyst had never seen before. All three experts concluded the voice matched those from the voicemails.
http://deadspin.com/5980822/heres-ronaiah-tuiasosopo-attempting-to-perform-what-he-claims-is-lennays-voice-on-dr-phil

Last edited:
Tuiasosopo also explained his lengthy deception as a way to "escape" from real life after being repeatedly molested as a child by a family friend. He later provided a tearful apology to everyone he'd hurt, including his family, friends, and Te'o himself.

Last edited:
Back