• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Te'o thread cont. (as of 1/17/11 7:30 AM EST)

I think his reps probably consulted some professional people while game-planning the damage control. And that's smart, frankly, even if you are totally innocent. No sense just slapping things out in public without a cohesive idea of how you want them to be presented, and in what context. Also, they likely had to compile them, right? Just theorizing.

I think his reps probably consulted some professional people while game-planning the damage control. And that's smart, frankly, even if you are totally innocent. No sense just slapping things out in public without a cohesive idea of how you want them to be presented, and in what context. Also, they likely had to compile them, right? Just theorizing.

I hear you, but this isnt the Tiger scandal that comes out of the blue.

He allegedly got these calls back on Dec. 6 when he found out it was a hoax. Also, he allegedly talked to the higher ups at ND about this. And, he allegedly was going to go public with this story before Deadspin broke it. Then, we Deadspin did break it, he didnt speak for close to two days. I'd think during that time they would get all this stuff together. Maybe this was their master plan, though. Maybe it's better it comes out this way. Who knows? Just seems pretty odd to me.

He should just shut the fuck up now and let the story die. The only thing that really matters now is what he tells the GMs at the combine. The interview with the scarecrow left a lot of questions out there.

I've gotten a lot of laughs out of this story - ESPECIALLY today when it was revealed he was talking to a man the entire time :) - but a part of me does feel sad for the guy. This is his legacy. No matter what he does for the rest of his life, THIS is what people will always remember him for.

I've gotten a lot of laughs out of this story - ESPECIALLY today when it was revealed he was talking to a man the entire time :) - but a part of me does feel sad for the guy. This is his legacy. No matter what he does for the rest of his life, THIS is what people will always remember him for.

Did you hear any of the voicemail? Didn't sound like a guy to me.

Very interesting piece on how Te'o's Samoan heritage could've played into this

http://culturedigitally.org/2013/01/a-samoan-hoax/

"So as an ethnographer of Samoan migrants, I want to say that I heard a number of stories that sound almost exactly like Manti Te’o’s story — naïve Christian golden boys who had been fooled by other Samoans pretending to be dewy-eyed innocents. Leukemia was even a theme, I guess Samoan pranksters keep turning to the same diseases over and over again. But I did this fieldwork before Facebook or cell phones, and even before email became all that widespread outside of college circles. All the stories I heard involved husky voices on telephones, and maybe a letter or two."

I think we generally know what happened here, unless Manti is 100% making everything up, which we'll never know. At this point I just want the story to die so I can continue to make fun of it in the future. If it keeps going on it's going to Rick James itself too quickly.

The cousin thing came out last week. Why did the lawyer ever claim it was the dude?

So his cousin was in on it with him? Talk about dedication to his hoax. It still makes no sense. What motive did they have to do it? I get one person being behind it, but why his cousin as well?

I still don't believe that dude possibly made the girl voices on Te'o's phone. There HAS to be another hoaxer out there somewhere.

This is guy is not ready for his 15 minutes to end. Seems like he worked harder for his 15 min that most though.

I didn't care then they autotuned it.

I still think Teo is gay. There's no other way to explain this unless he really is a complete buffoon. That, or there is a girl involved and she is being protected by this other guy who's name I can't be bothered to spell.

Back