• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Terrell Owens Friendless and Nearly Broke

TO was a troubled individual that fed off attention (good or bad). ESPN and other sports news outlets saw this, and exploited the shit out of it.

I blame sensationalist sports news for propagating his bad behavior with nonstop coverage as much as i blame someone with clear mental disorders.

At some point you have to stop blaming other people and own it. He has himself to blame 1st, 2nd and 3rd. There were contributing factors, but if he weren't the narcissistic ass that he is at his core he could over come any of those factors.

I'm not making apologies for TO; i've never liked him and thought he was a narcissistic asshole who put his statistics over team victories.

I'm just pointing out that at some point, we (as a society) need to stop propping up these people and their overcompensating egos with the clear intention at laughing at them when they hit rock bottom.

This is why stuff like the ESPYs, Oscars, etc get on my nerves so badly. It is like saying "we are having a ceremony so we can congratulate each other on how good we think we are and how far removed everyone else is from us".

But I like sports so I guess I support this attitude by paying for a game ticket.........

Nelson_haha.jpg

This is why stuff like the ESPYs, Oscars, etc get on my nerves so badly. It is like saying "we are having a ceremony so we can congratulate each other on how good we think we are and how far removed everyone else is from us".

But I like sports so I guess I support this attitude by paying for a game ticket.........

Do you hate the Dundees as well?

Drew Rosenhaus f'd him so bad. He took advantage of a guy who doesn't know better, or just isn't smart enough to take a good deal when he had it.

If he had just SHUT THE 'F' up and played in Philly, he would have been paid off big time. He had a $9 million roster bonus coming up to him at the end of the 2nd season, which he didn't get because he was kicked off the team. What an idiot. He would still be under his contract right now making, on average, more than any other reciever. He could be making it rain right now, and likely have a superbowl ring if his dumb agent didn't get in the way.

dude made $80 mm and blew it or lost it all. Another $9 mm wasn't going to change the outcome here.

Why are wide receivers almost always the biggest aholes on NFL teams? My only guess is that they know they are playmakers who can change the course of a game. But, QB's and RB's aren't typically aholes. Somebody please enlighten me on this phenomenon.

Elite WRs only get about 6-12 targets a game.

QBs take every snap, and elite RBs get about 20-30 carries a game.

I think it has a lot to do what not getting the rock enough.

Really, it's a reach that a team that got to the Superbowl with him injured, could not have improved and possibly won a SB? Ok. BRILLIANT

Really, it's a reach that a team that got to the Superbowl with him injured, could not have improved and possibly won a SB? Ok. BRILLIANT

No, it's a reach because its the fucking Eagles.

Mixed feelings on TO. He was always a headcase and a showboat. And while I am not terribly sympathetic to dudes who blow all that money or knock up 4 chicks and bitch about it, it has been clear to me for some time that TO has some mental demons that he will probably never come to grips with. In that regard, his story is very sad. Sad for him, sad for his kids, and sad for all those around him, which fortunately seems to be next to nobody.

Sometimes bad things do happen to bad people. I'm not going to say there's nothing sad about the whole situation because there certainly are sad elements, but overall, if I ran into TO tomorrow, I'd say, "Go F yourself. You brought all this on yourself. You'd have a lot more money and probably a job still in the NFL if you weren't a complete asshole. You act like a cocky prick your whole life, and eventually it catches up to you."

On another note, it took a whole 1.5 pages for someone to take a cheap shot at the Eagles. Nice.

Mixed feelings on TO. He was always a headcase and a showboat. And while I am not terribly sympathetic to dudes who blow all that money or knock up 4 chicks and bitch about it, it has been clear to me for some time that TO has some mental demons that he will probably never come to grips with. In that regard, his story is very sad. Sad for him, sad for his kids, and sad for all those around him, which fortunately seems to be next to nobody.

Getcha popcone ready! But seriously, I'm pretty sure T.O. is legitimately suffering from bipolar disorder

Why are wide receivers almost always the biggest aholes on NFL teams? My only guess is that they know they are playmakers who can change the course of a game. But, QB's and RB's aren't typically aholes. Somebody please enlighten me on this phenomenon.

I really think it's because they're entirely dependent on another position to get them the ball. There has to be a sense of insecurity/inferiority that comes with that.

It's not just a fluke. It's an actual psychological phenomenon that exists for most elite WRs. They also tend to be players who are more concerned with their physical appearance way more than QBs and RBs. That's all I remember from the sports psychology class I took once.

Back