• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks Mit

Gotta give credit to Sutton (for all sports but hoops for sure) and McCreary (for football) too. their buildings are bigger

I want to thank Mit, but for getting rid of Karl Hess.

Depending on the interpretation of the DC blogpost, one alum with name on new building was still pro-Manning in 2019, and/or was so pro-Manning in 2017 that he gladly chipped in for the absurd contract we couldn't claw our way out of in 2019. Regardless, the end result was subjecting us to a needless, lost year of continued sucktitude.

Either way, I pray to all powers that valuable lessons were learned

Last edited:
I dunno. Was going to make a dumb joke reason why Wes was not considered. These covid times.

Dan Collins had/has no idea what was going on and clearly grasping at straws. Thank goodness (a) we now have writers like Conor and Les that actually know what they are doing...(b) we finally have a coach that will give them something to write about...and (c) after mostly 10 years of agony (sans 2017)...we have an excited fan base that is eager to see, hear and watch Wake Forest Basketball!

Dan Collins had/has no idea what was going on and clearly grasping at straws. Thank goodness (a) we now have writers like Conor and Les that actually know what they are doing...(b) we finally have a coach that will give them something to write about...and (c) after mostly 10 years of agony (sans 2017)...we have an excited fan base that is eager to see, hear and watch Wake Forest Basketball!

Dan is a great guy and is well connected within the world of Wake Forest whether he’s still writing or not. I’m sure there was some large donor who supported Manning. But, it was not Sutton.

2017 was agony too. Nothing especially fun about that year. Watching Collins was nice, but Wake hoops was a joyless place for 10 years.

Mit would be the most logical answer TBH. DC says "well-heeled alum who has his name on the brand-spanking new building," that at least implies it's the basketball facility.

We just got distracted thinking it was Sutton when this all went down because he had a very unfortunately timed tweet swiping at critics that very day

You know Mit’s on Twitter if you want to send him a DM.

Private communication is so Wellman era, Scout boards shit. We're in Currie/Forbes, OGboards times now. It's all out in the open. We won the war.

If Shah wants to set the record straight he's welcome to come to this thread and do so

I really meant if you wanted to thank him personally that would be a way to do it. Not to goad him into lighting someone up.

I really meant if you wanted to thank him personally that would be a way to do it. Not to goad him into lighting someone up.

Even when they hit first? He should not be expected to turn the other check. Hit back!

Mit Shah is a giant Wake Forest basketball fan. It’s his squad. He’s one of us. He loves Wake Forest but Wake Forest men’s basketball in particular. You don’t have to know him to know he’s reading these threads.

It’s because of that love that if you message him about a hotel you may not hear back. But if you message him about his beloved Deacs, no matter who you are, you will hear back.

Back