• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thanks Sam and Team and Hats off to Pitt’s Coaches and Players

No; both within the "rules".
Either way, both circumstances way at the bottom of what ailed us last evening.

Just because there’s no “rule” against something doesn’t mean it’s not a total dick move. Agreed though, that neither of those things lost the game for us.

Wow, staying classy for sure.
Fact is Pitt kicked our ass last night and all the bitching and moaning won't change that.

THIS. +1000. Sometimes you just get beat. And sometimes you beat yourselves. There was a little of both last night. Still love our Deacs and still a lot to play for in the bowl game. Let’s stay behind this team, folks! They’ve had a hell of a season and deserve it!!

Agreed. I thought Pitt played great for the most part. The injury thing bugs me a bit but what bugged me more was watching some of the play calling on the offensive side of the ball.

Agree, it was almost like last year's bowl game.

Just because there’s no “rule” against something doesn’t mean it’s not a total dick move. Agreed though, that neither of those things lost the game for us.

That is exactly the case and I agree. When they started tge bull rush up the middle, sometime in the 2nd Qtr, things shut down on our offense. Running game did not go anywhere after that and the long pass quit connecting. Sam didn’t seem to have much time. If he had, we seem to be setting them up for some “out & ups”. But that takes a little more time in the pocket than he had. Otherwise a rolling pocket might have been the answer, who knows? Their lines were just better in 2nd half & we got beat. Just like Clemson game-better defense got us.

The Carolina Panthers should not draft Sam Hartman because he sucks at BofA Stadium.

No; both within the "rules".
Either way, both circumstances way at the bottom of what ailed us last evening.

This is a terrible take especially from a Wake fan. This is probably your guy that was cheering for every injured Pitt player. The slide was NOT within the rules he initiated the slide and the play should have been blown dead they just didn’t call it. And you’re either blind or incredibly naive if you think their injuries wasn’t fake.

No they didn’t cost us the game but the fake injuries certainly slowed down any momentum we tried to gain.

Just because something is legal doesn’t make it right and it definitely doesn’t mean it should be legal.

It’s not “illegal.” The play should’ve been blown dead.

It’s absolutely no different than a fake fair catch

The long mesh we run means Hartman is throwing passes close to the line of scrimmage. The line is edging closer before he throws it. As a result of that and his size he leads the nation in batted passes at the line. It seemed to me like we threw almost no passes Saturday across the middle I assume to avoid batted passes, but it led to cross field passes outside the hashes which are dangerous unless you have a cannon of an arm. This is going to be an ongoing problem with our offense and with Sam if he ends up deciding to come back.

One of Wake's all time best football seasons but miserable fan base remains miserable.

One of Wake's all time best football seasons but miserable fan base remains miserable.

I wouldn't call it miserable. I am stoked at the season so far. Upset at the loss to Pitt yes. To make it to Charlotte with my 2 sons (one of which wasn't born in 2006) and share that experience was something I'll never forget. Just would like to forget the 4th quarter and Pitt fans.

Back