• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 100 Best Films of the 1990's (Slant Magazine)

Been working my way through the Slant list of the 2000s, and I'm on #61, Wolf Creek.

So far, the list has been excellent, save a couple I really couldn't enjoy.

Wolf Creek looks terrifying. Pretty excited. I'd only seen 4 of the top 10, so that'll be great, too.

Been working my way through the Slant list of the 2000s, and I'm on #61, Wolf Creek.

So far, the list has been excellent, save a couple I really couldn't enjoy.

Wolf Creek looks terrifying. Pretty excited. I'd only seen 4 of the top 10, so that'll be great, too.
That's a damn good horror movie.It's based on a couple of true stories.

Last edited:
Wow. Terrifying. One of the best horror films I've ever seen (though admittedly, I'm a neophyte).

On to Virgin Suicides. Though everywhere I'm seeing has it listed as a 99 film. There were also a couple sloppy misses in other writeups, like them saying A Serious Man was set in the mid-60s, when the mentions to Abraxas and Cosmo's Factory would make it at least 1970.

Anyway, regardless of your feelings on Slant and their lists/writers/rankings, they have turned me on to films I hadn't otherwise seen, and offered new perspectives on films I have seen.

I'm gonna try to do the 90s list after this.

Wow. Terrifying. One of the best horror films I've ever seen (though admittedly, I'm a neophyte).

Wolf Creek is one the few mainstream horror flicks where torture is successfully incorporated into the story and atmosphere. The "head on a stick" scene where the guy severs the chicks spine with the knife is chilling.

I think Wolf Creek is one of the best horror movies of the last 15 years, though a lot of people probably missed it cause you had idiots like Ebert giving it Zero Stars.

Last edited:
Wolf Creek is one I totally forgot about, scared the piss out of me. Saw it in theaters for some stupid reason.

Back