• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in desperate need of someone that can score from anywhere on the field.

We were 10th in League YAC in 2011 - Cam's first year, and Smitty's last year of being a top 15 WR. Then we were 15th in 2012, 22nd in 2013 and 30th last year. Cam doesn't throw touchdowns unless he throws them in the fucking end zone. Some of that has to do with ball placement downfield, but it's also indicative of lacking someone that can take a 15 yard play 85 yards.

Our OT position is still really bad, but it's exacerbated by not having anybody that can stretch the field quickly. If the organization believes Devin Smith can be a Torrey Smith-type, the pick is a no brainer IMO.

McShay has said "Torrey Smith, but with better hands."

OK. So we're looking to get a WR from Ohio State, possibly a DE from Missouri. Perhaps we go for Rashard Greene in the third to take a WR from FSU.

Gman talking draft. Said he doesn't believe in trading up in early rounds because he "doesn't subscribe to the idea that we are one player away". Believes this years WR class is deeper which could mean he thinks we get a WR in a later round as compared to using 1st round WR pick?? Believes a lot of the tackles in the draft are more suited for RT than LT.

Talking draft where? Real not so subtle hints about going DE in the 1st.

Well I think he has a lot of confidence in Oher as the Lzt so I wouldn't rule out a RT pick in the first round.

Well I think he has a lot of confidence in Oher as the Lzt so I wouldn't rule out a RT pick in the first round.

Do teams pick RT in the 1st round? I think 1st round picks that end up at RT do so either temporarily until they get enough experience to move to LT or because they just didn't pan out at LT.

Jax needs to take the BPA and none of their WRs are studs like Cooper has the potential to be.

Devin Smith could be the best WR out of tOSU since Cris Carter. Not saying much.

I'd take a Joey Galloway-type career. If he's gonna be better than that, bring him on

He actually didn't sound very enthusiastic when he was asked about the pass rushers. The majority are 3-4 guys and he emphasized how much scheme fit matters. I don't think DE is going to be an option in the 1st. In the 2nd I could definitely see it if the right guy is there.

Do you honestly think he is going to tell the truth in the days leading up to the draft?

He has before. He's a pretty straight shooter.

2013: "big guys allow you to compete." "we need to get stronger up front" picked two big DT's in the first 2 rounds.

2014: "really like the WR class" "don't be surprised if there is a blue goose pass rusher and we take him" picked a WR 1st round then Kony Ealy in the 2nd

Last edited:
Not much of a need to BS when you're picking near the end of the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back