• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that's the only pick of the day.

Can't believe GMan gave up a 3rd to take a WR in a deep draft.

I for one can't wait for the 5th round running back selection who won't make the team

Maybe Gettleman wanted to watch his BROOKLYN NETS tonight and not have to worry about any picks later on.

We didn't have roster space for 9 guys, so we were always trading up in this draft. But trading our third to move up for *that* guy? Damn. It better workout. Would've way rather had Strong

Yah agreed, strong is a super stud imo

Why does gman hate offensive tackles so much, worst case is that they become a good guard

I for one can't wait for the 5th round running back selection who won't make the team

Not this shit again. 5th round pick, who gives a damn.

Woulda preferred some speed. Might mean Philly Brown will continue to be a part of the O as the speed option (along with Ginn)

Yah agreed, strong is a super stud imo

Why does gman hate offensive tackles so much, worst case is that they become a good guard

I think in Gmans mind, if we can't draft a stud LT then there is no point to draft OL.

I think in Gmans mind, if we can't draft a stud LT then there is no point to draft OL.

Which is ridiculous according to 538. OL are the surest thing in the draft.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/are-some-positions-riskier-to-pick-than-others-in-the-nfl-draft/
paine-datalab-nfldraft1.png

I just got an e-mail from a Bills fan making fun of our draft. A freaking Bills fan.

Wow, interesting comp between second round receivers and linemen.

Rivera and GMan spoke to the media, they gave every rationalization you'd expect.

Their board was getting picked clean early in the 2nd
They thought all the OTs in the 2nd were reaches
They saw 6 WR needy teams between 40 and 57 so they had to jump
9 players were never making the team so the 5th comp picks let them make this move
The speed component the offense needs is on the team with Ginn, Philly Brown, and maybe Stephen Hill
They had a 1st round grade on Funchess

What I can gather on Funchess is almost identical physical profile and speed as Kelvin, Kelvin is better at contested balls, but Funchess is a more fluid guy making him better for YAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back