• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with the pick. Funchess is more explosive than Benjamin. He's not going to burn anyone in the league but he doesn't play as stiff as Kelvin.

We're much better off at WR than we thought we were last year.

KB
Funchess
Philly
Ginn

vs

KB
Avant
Cotchery
Philly

It's really not close.

Disagree on the first point, I thought Funchess looked stiff and slow in the post-pick highlight videos. Didn't watch Michigan play much this year so I could be totally wrong.

Between our run heavy offense and lack of speed on the outside we're going to see a lot of safeties in the box next season. I guess we're hoping Ted Ginn turns into a receiver again...

Disagree on the first point, I thought Funchess looked stiff and slow in the post-pick highlight videos. Didn't watch Michigan play much this year so I could be totally wrong.

Between our run heavy offense and lack of speed on the outside we're going to see a lot of safeties in the box next season. I guess we're hoping Ted Ginn turns into a receiver again...

At least the pass protection should be great!

Is Funchess a good blocker as a former TE?

Is Funchess a good blocker as a former TE?

Again, I haven't seen him play much but the analysis I've read has him pegged as a less than willing/capable blocker. That was on the line though, I assume he's decent in the open field based on size alone.

Your left tackle prayers are answered, DF07!

To be a fly on the wall when the Rulz family discusses Cam over the dinner table...

"Son, red birds don't protect the blind side of blue birds."

I actually got a PM about this awhile ago from a friend of the Blitch family. Apparently they have a good relationship with the Jerry Richardson and he assured Daniel a shot with the Panthers if he didn't get drafted.

I actually got a PM about this awhile ago from a friend of the Blitch family. Apparently they have a good relationship with the Jerry Richardson and he assured Daniel a shot with the Panthers if he didn't get drafted.

Big Cat needs to stop giving jobs out to his friends' kids.

Gettleman was on 610 this morning, and they were saying that after the fact it came out that Dallas was going to pick Shaq with the pick after the Panthers had they not taken him. GMan said that they weren't sure of it at the time, but had suspected that Dallas had high interest in him.
Funchess plays faster than his workout times.
Said Artis-Payne will have the opportunity to compete for carries right away.
Really excited about David Mayo, said he will contribute on special teams right away and should compete for LB reps as well. Apparently he is the real life Tim Riggins - lunatic, loves the game and to hit, long wildman hair, slept in a tool shed so he could play JuCo football. Their Texas regional scout found him and brought him to their scouting team's attention, and then going up the scouting chain of command all opinions on him were identical.
Also re-emphasized his confidence in Oher.

When asked about CB, he said he thinks the depth is already on the roster. High hopes for Carrington Byndom and Teddy Williams.

Signed speedster Damiere Byrd out of Sourh Carolina to a UDFA deal. Had a very impressive pro day.

5"9' 173 pounds. Ran a 4.28. 42 inch vert. 10'11" broad jump.

5 teams called the Rams at 41 trying to trade up. That trade is still the one I can do without but I have of course talked myself into Funchess as a big slot weapon. It all hinges on getting one of the speed guys to have a good enough year to keep the defense honest.

I hope to have a competitive kicker in camp to challenge Gano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back