• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shefter saying Clemmings has a fracture in his foot that some teams think could significantly shorten his career. Vikings just took him in the middle of the 4th.

So "we're not one player away" but we are taking 5 players in a draft in which we could have gotten 9. Seems like picking by need as well since weak side LB, RT, and WR2 are 3 of the weakest positions. I think DE and RB will be the 5th round picks.

While maybe not the popular choice, I think Gman has decided this draft is a bit riskier and thinner so he's using picks to get a few specific guys he likes. Not saying I agree, or know better than him. It does feel teams have completely different boards than each other this year. More so than in years past. Seems no one can really gauge who's picking who because there is no consensus order. Even the analyst on NFL Network have shied away from guessing who gets picked on a lot of the picks.

I heard one GM say something to the tune of 'you'll find out who can really scout this year' because most of the underclassmen came out last year making this year leaner and tougher to evaluate.

That said, I still don't quite understand trading our 3rd to move up in the 2nd. We could have easily picked a WR in the late 2nd round and gotten another one in the 3rd. Justin Hardy's still around in the 4th who's big and has potential to be a draft surprise. The 4th round trade, I'm fine with as we needed an OT. We got a value pick.

Gman seems to have decided well before this week that he wasn't going to draft 9 guys, thus he was much more aggressive plugging holes in Free Agency. We missed out on LT because our guy went 24th. With the top 5 gone before us, no sense reaching for something that doesn't exist. Grabbing a RT later on allows us to use a combination of the guys on our roster to fill the hole @ LT for another year and revisit it next draft. Is it ideal? No. Neither is reaching in the draft. Just ask Cleveland. This is the first year in 10?20? they haven't done it. Maybe they've finally learned something.

I wouldn't be upset if Diggs fell to us in the 5th

You think GMan is feeling a little defensive after taking some heat for the trade yesterday? Talking to the media right now about Daryl Williams he wore his Super Bowl ring for the first time.

CEA68l1VAAA2bx9.jpg

What a prick.

You think GMan is feeling a little defensive after taking some heat for the trade yesterday? Talking to the media right now about Daryl Williams he wore his Super Bowl ring for the first time.

CEA68l1VAAA2bx9.jpg

Open, welcoming body language. Warm fuzzies.

I really thought this draft would be two needs and 7 BPAs. Instead it's probably 5 needs.

The Falcons are having a stupid good draft. Fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back