• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.

After reviewing the game, however, Blandino said: "The officials, if you ask them, they would agree after looking at the tape that ejections were warranted."

Blandino did not specify who else he thought should have been ejected, but the obvious candidate was Panthers cornerback Josh Norman, who instigated some of the game-long tussles with Beckham.

So where is Norman's suspension?

10 Panthers make Pro Bowl: Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, Kalil, Olsen, Turner, Davis, Kuechly, Short, Norman.

10 and that's without Kurt Coleman and his 7 interceptions

too bad none of them are going to play in the game

Really glad TD finally made a Pro Bowl. Well-deserved.

Yo 2&2 check out the ultimate #kenpom #advancedstats saying OBJ won his match-up. He got open a lot! Give that man a participation trophy.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000607727/article/next-gen-stats-norman-didnt-shut-down-beckham

So the upshot is that Norman got into OBJ's head and caused him to beat himself for 57 minutes and get suspended for one game as well. So tell me how Norman didn't shut him down again?

For the record, PFF gave both OBJ and Norman negative grades and their lowest of the season.

Yeah ODB dropped two passes and tied for the most penalties an offensive player has received in one game since 2000. Norman got beat a couple times and got two personal fouls. Those all really hurt your team.

Who did he tie? I'm guessing an OL.

I thought it was most personal foul (3) penalties by a single player since 2000

He only had 3 total penalties, correct? With the 4th being declined on the game winning kick. Or did he also have an offensive pass interference call?

I thought it was most personal foul (3) penalties by a single player since 2000

He only had 3 total penalties, correct? With the 4th being declined on the game winning kick. Or did he also have an offensive pass interference call?

Most personal fouls since 2000. Numbers is wrong again

Sources close to the situation (via the Twitter machine) are saying the suspension for OBJ has been overturned.

Ah must have remembered it wrong. I knew he set some record. Really thought it said total penalties but it makes more sense that it's personal fouls.

Sources close to the situation (via the Twitter machine) are saying the suspension for OBJ has been overturned.

Makes sense, if you suspend one you need to suspend both. Plus, he has no prior history of fines/suspensions, so there isn't any precedent for going straight to a suspension for actions that all occurred during live plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back