• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense, if you suspend one you need to suspend both. Plus, he has no prior history of fines/suspensions, so there isn't any precedent for going straight to a suspension for actions that all occurred during live plays.

You can stop trolling now. It's over. Joke landed

IT WAS HIS FIRST TIME KILLING SOMEBODY SO WE SHOULD LET HIM GO.

They should assess the penalty based on the intent, not the fact that Norman was (somehow) able to not get injured by the malicious intent of OBJ.

That one isn't a troll ... if it does get overturned, the lack of precedent going straight to suspension without escalating fines for live play infractions will likely be the reason why.

They should assess the penalty based on the intent, not the fact that Norman was (somehow) able to not get injured by the malicious intent of OBJ.

Players intend to knock each other the fuck out on every play.

2&2's handle suggests that he may actually be nodding along to the all caps part

Tom coughlin, millennial

#Giants HC Tom Coughlin says OBJ was wrong in his behavior but was not the only one who did wrong, and argued his player was also provoked.

I've lost track of the discussion but OBJ multiple times has physically retaliated against defensive players over the course of his 26 games in the NFL. This by no means was the first incident

Makes sense, if you suspend one you need to suspend both. Plus, he has no prior history of fines/suspensions, so there isn't any precedent for going straight to a suspension for actions that all occurred during live plays.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/odell-beckham-jr/

DEC 21 2015 Suspended 1 game for unsportsmanlike conduct against Josh Norman, forfeiting $52,529 in 2015 salary with New York
OCT 7 2015 Fined $8,681 Multiple altercations against Buffalo
JAN 2 2015 Fined $11,025 Removing his helmet on the field of play against Philadelphia
DEC 26 2014 Fined $10,000 Role in a brawl against St. Louis

This will be the fourth time that he has been fined in less than a calendar year. So you're really just wrong.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/odell-beckham-jr/

This will be the fourth time that he has been fined in less than a calendar year. So you're really just wrong.

None of those are similar to the incidents here. And, according to your sources, the league agrees with me (not surprisingly).

And what is the common element of those incidents (ignoring the removing helmet nonsense): Rex Ryan (known thug coach, disciple of Bounty Buddy Ryan), Jeff Fisher (known thug coach, disciple of Bounty Buddy Ryan), Ron Rivera (I'll let you fill in the blank).

None of those are similar to the incidents here. And, according to your sources, the league agrees with me (not surprisingly).

And what is the common element of those incidents (ignoring the removing helmet nonsense): Rex Ryan (known thug coach, disciple of Bounty Buddy Ryan), Jeff Fisher (known thug coach, disciple of Bounty Buddy Ryan), Ron Rivera (I'll let you fill in the blank).

They aren't "my sources".

It was Lawrence Tynes (former Giants kicker), but actually think he was trolling. Verdict should be in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back