• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, is this the biggest Panthers home game of all time? I can't think of a bigger home game.

Yup.

As far as the bandwagon, I hope it continues to grow, been to too many Panther home games full of opposing fans or empty seats to complain. I know some like to stick their chest out that they were fans when the team was bad (as was I). This season has been great at getting the casual fan to actually follow the team. Some complain about new fans only knowing 1 or 2 players names, in the past they didn't know ANY of the players.

Yup.

As far as the bandwagon, I hope it continues to grow, been to too many Panther home games full of opposing fans or empty seats to complain. I know some like to stick their chest out that they were fans when the team was bad (as was I). This season has been great at getting the casual fan to actually follow the team. Some complain about new fans only knowing 1 or 2 players names, in the past they didn't know ANY of the players.

Back in 2001 when the Panthers lost 15 straight games I think I only knew one players name and it was Chris Weinke. I spent a lot of time screaming, "Weinke you SUCK !" That includes the last game of the year against the Patriots in the cold and the rain.

#Number1PanthersFanHistory

I don't like to worry about 37 months into the future.

Titans are the only head coach opening. Looks like we keep McDermott and Shula.
Titans should totes hire Shula to develop Mariota

Yup.

well since we're not playing the Pack or Skins we should have all Panthers fans there Sunday. and if -- big if -- both us and the Cards win this week, we won't have any out-of-town fans there next week, either.

well since we're not playing the Pack or Skins we should have all Panthers fans there Sunday. and if -- big if -- both us and the Cards win this week, we won't have any out-of-town fans there next week, either.

I think you're going to be a little surprised about the number of Seahawks fans there this Sunday.

I sat next to a Cards fan last year and there was a dude in a Larry Fitzgerald jersey two rows in front of me. But overall, not a lot of Cards fans.

Back in 2001 when the Panthers lost 15 straight games I think I only knew one players name and it was Chris Weinke. I spent a lot of time screaming, "Weinke you SUCK !" That includes the last game of the year against the Patriots in the cold and the rain.

#Number1PanthersFanHistory

I was at that game. Good times with the old man laughing at the general ridiculousness of that game.

I think you're going to be a little surprised about the number of Seahawks fans there this Sunday.

I sat next to a Cards fan last year and there was a dude in a Larry Fitzgerald jersey two rows in front of me. But overall, not a lot of Cards fans.

nc state fans are all aboard the seahawks bandwagon

I had a similar moment with Ramrod the year we were like 2-14 a few back and beat the Cardinals in the home finale. Had good seats, were shooting the shit after a fun tailgate, and saw the Panthers win one. Those are the times that form the bonds of #diehardfanhood.

For those not going to the game what are y'alls plans for watching? I'll be at home because I'd embarrass myself in public.

For those not going to the game what are y'alls plans for watching? I'll be at home because I'd embarrass myself in public.

Home. Last game against the Seahawks I ran around the house screaming when Greg caught the TD. I shouldn't be in public.

Home. Last game against the Seahawks I ran around the house screaming when Greg caught the TD. I shouldn't be in public.

Yeah I was out at a bar for that one and was screaming pretty loudly which was the impetus to stay home. There were a couple other Panthers fans and two Seahawks fans there too. Panthers fans on the other side of the bar were also screaming. Watched the Panthers-49ers game a couple years ago out at a bar and the game last year with my girlfriend and her brother. I'll probably fire up some wings Sunday morning while downing some brewskies to get good and #latheredup and then be ready to #keeppounding.

Most important question is what gear to wear. There are only three real options (got a nice collared shirt for Christmas, wore it once during a game, and we lost to Atlanta so that shit is out): blue panthers t-shirt, Cam J-shirt, or Peppers jersey. Thinking the Cam J-shirt. Panthers are undefeated in games I've worn any of the three aside from the new shirt. I accept half responsibility for the lone loss with the other half going to whoever said that a buddy went to the Falcons game for his first of the year. We are both culpable.

I doubt there's too many Seahawks fans in BoA on Sunday. The game was completely sold out before Seattle even knew if they would be playing this week and online prices are out the roof (with the new bandwagon Panther fans driving the demand up).

The roaring riot LA group started over the holidays and locked down a Panthers bar downtown for the remainder of the playoffs

Seems like most in the group are actually west coasters who either played for a pop Warner panthers team or liked using the Panthers on Madden as a teenager

The roaring riot LA group started over the holidays and locked down a Panthers bar downtown for the remainder of the playoffs

Seems like most in the group are actually west coasters who either played for a pop Warner panthers team or liked using the Panthers on Madden as a teenager

You will be like their bald god.

Bruce Willis has arrived and he's wearing a Mike Tolbert jersey

I doubt there's too many Seahawks fans in BoA on Sunday. The game was completely sold out before Seattle even knew if they would be playing this week and online prices are out the roof (with the new bandwagon Panther fans driving the demand up).

Bandwagon fans make the most noise.

I want Olsen to have 10-12 targets. We know what he did against Seattle last game and I think even with the Seahawks fully aware of it, he's going to have plenty of times where he's open down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back