• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh it's a bad look but the dude has put his body on the line a million times for the team.

I feel like he's just fanning the flames of the hate right now. I don't think he even had time to think "I'm not going to dive for the ball because I could get hurt" by the time Kalil knocked it past him

What's a bigger SB choke job? McNabb losing his cookies in the huddle or Newton failing to fall on a fumble because he was afraid to get hurt?

That is what made his reaction so weird to me - he has never hesitated to throw his body around with abandon - why then?
He was coming down at a weird angle and he thought his leg would have gotten mangled

I'm not that mad about it, I mean look at RGiii

It's humorous to me that people think this much thinking went into a split-second decision. It's an explanation after the fact for the unexplainable.

He was never going to recover that ball.

Also, how many QBs wind up in piles for fumbles?

It's humorous to me that people think this much thinking went into a split-second decision. It's an explanation after the fact for the unexplainable.

Also, how many QBs wind up in piles for fumbles?[/QUOTE]

Ben Mauk did and it got us to the Orange Bowl. I'm equally confident that had Cam been hurt Derek Anderson would have secured the Lombardi Trophy.

Also, how many QBs wind up in piles for fumbles?[/QUOTE]

Ben Mauk did and it got us to the Orange Bowl. I'm equally confident that had Cam been hurt Derek Anderson would have secured the Lombardi Trophy.
Lol

Also, how many QBs wind up in piles for fumbles?
Lol

Yeah, I stand by that. Ware gets his hand on it and knocks it in the other direction right when he would've landed

If anything not diving almost helped as the ball went right near him after Kalil knocked it. If Miller doesn't come in and knock the ball further downfield -- something he had to do to get the ball away from Cam -- Cam or at least the Panthers recover

Last edited:
Yeah, I stand by that. Ware gets his hand on it and knocks it in the other direction right when he would've landed

If anything not diving almost helped as the ball went right near him after Kalil knocked it

Not to mention that Kalil's helmet goes right where Cam's planted left foot and leg would have been. I was questioning it at the time it happened, but looking back at it Cam has never hesitated to throw his body around when the team needed it - I'm not going to second guess him on this one.

Meh. His coaches, teammates, and fans are doubting him. It's just a confirmation bias at play. I have zero issue with Cam's comments. He basically said "fuck y'all". Embrace the haters. Sports needs a good heel. Now that blatantly cheating at every opportunity isn't good enough for New England, we might as well step into the role. At the end of the day, folks are always going to be pissed when their wags are flicking the ol' bean to Cam Newton erotic fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back