• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't the biggest fan of this pick. But I guess since there wasn't an obvious pick at that slot in terms of filling a need then you make what's awesome better. Still would have taken Perriman.

Worked for Luke.

Wasn't the biggest fan of this pick. But I guess since there wasn't an obvious pick at that slot in terms of filling a need then you make what's awesome better. Still would have taken Perriman.

The same things were said of Thomas Davis when he was drafted - he was a LB/S tweener. Shaq was drafted because he is a TD clone. He may start out as a LB, but he will take TD's place.

I was going to ask the other day when we should start worrying that there is no long term deal for Cam, so this is great news. Interested to see how it's structured.

Assuming it's somewhere around Matty Ryan. 8 Mill guaranteed / Year and performance could get it up to the 20-21 number

Step 1: Lock up Cam long term
Step 2: Win Super Bowl
Step 3: Lock up Luke long term
Step 4: Win all the Super Bowls

Twitter saying Panthers and Cam close to a deal that goes through 2020 :cam::cam::cam::cam:

https://twitter.com/ESPN730/status/605359217743142912
dCSGPBKJ.jpeg

Want to make yourself angry? Check out Twitter today. Lotta Cam haters airing out some shiny new stupid.

Last edited:
Looking at the twitter feeds it seems the less educated you are, the more likely you are to think DA is a better QB than Cam. High school burn outs hate them some Cam.

Ian Rapoport says it could be fully guaranteed.

That would be pretty historic for a football player right? They were saying the same thing about the possible Russ Wilson contract and I think I remember hearing that would be the first fully guaranteed contract in the NFL.

@AdamSchefter: Cam Newton's new 5-year, $103.8 million deal also includes $60 million guaranteed, per source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back