• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Smitty to Fitz just on touchdowns you have to mention the difference in quarterback play. QB play is huge in the redzone. If I'm not mistaken (the Ambien is just kicking in) Fitz has had one single season with double digit touchdowns without Kurt Warner (and didn't get 1,000 yards that season). Also the Panthers have had Stephen Davis, DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Cam Newton getting red zone carries, who have the Cardinals had? Without Kurt, Fitz has had 8, 6, 8, 4, 10, 2

Last edited:
We're all so getting nightmares of the 2008 playoffs tonight for talking down Fitz

I don't mean that to talk down Fitz, just pointing out the importance of the QB in receivers getting tds

Oh I agree.

Plus he's slightly taller than Smitty. Doesn't hurt

My son is dying to go down to Spartanburg to watch practice and get autographs from the players- any advice on the best time to go, how to get autographs, etc?

My son is dying to go down to Spartanburg to watch practice and get autographs from the players- any advice on the best time to go, how to get autographs, etc?

Don't even bother trying to get in line for Cam ... but Mike Remmers will happily sign anything you put in front of him.

The only WRs drafted between '96-'06 that I'd put above Smith at this point are T.O., Harrison (both '96 draftees so barely make the list), Andre and Moss. Top five in an 11-year span -- pretty damn impressive I'd say.

It shouldn't be all about stats when guys are in wildly different situations, but sportswriters are fucking dumb and will probably have forgotten every thing about these guys in five years, so I'm sure they'll probably screw it up. I haven't said he will make the HOF -- I have no faith in the process

Let's try this:

Player A: 217 games, 12,083 yards, 1,000 Receptions, 85 TD
Player B: 211 games, 14,345 yards, 1,070 Receptions, 82 TD
Player C: 173 games, 13,382 yards, 920 Receptions, 74 TD
Player D: 198 games, 13,262 yards, 915 Receptions, 73 TD

Player A - Hines Ward Player B - Reggie Wayne Player C - Torry Holt Player D - Steve Smith

Don't even bother trying to get in line for Cam ... but Mike Remmers will happily sign anything you put in front of him.

Actually, if you're trying to get to Cam, you should go by Oher before going by Remmers.

Let's try this:

Player A: 217 games, 12,083 yards, 1,000 Receptions, 85 TD
Player B: 211 games, 14,345 yards, 1,070 Receptions, 82 TD
Player C: 173 games, 13,382 yards, 920 Receptions, 74 TD
Player D: 198 games, 13,262 yards, 915 Receptions, 73 TD

Player A - Hines Ward Player B - Reggie Wayne Player C - Torry Holt Player D - Steve Smith

So if Steve didn't break his leg, he'd be close to winning all of those categories. Got it.

Cam to play first quarter Friday. Finches will get a lot of reps.

So if Steve didn't break his leg, he'd be close to winning all of those categories. Got it.

And he still has 1 more year. He'll probably end up at 214 games, around 14,000 yards and 80 TDs.

@RapSheet: #Patriots waived/injured RB Tyler Gaffney, who they claimed last year from the #Panthers, source said. They intend to put him on IR

It would have to be principle because the RB situation seems very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back