• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2016 Panthers Thread: Keep Pounding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Polian had an interesting discussion the other day about how few really good O-linemen are being produced by colleges these days. We aren't the only ones in need of help, and way more often than not of late the OTs who have been drafted really high have been busts

Shaq really needs to become a star to justify taking him in the first when we already have both the best and deepest linebackers in the league. I think he can though

Shaq really needs to become a star to justify taking him in the first when we already have both the best and deepest linebackers in the league. I think he can though

Maybe, I don't know that he has to be a star anymore than any other 1st round pick

Will be interesting to take a look at the end of this season to see if any of the rookie LTs that were available grade out higher than Oher

This is not to mention that Darryl Williams is a freaking beast and some people think he may have long term LT potential

The Official 2015 Carolina Panthers: 2-0

Yeah. We got an OT out of the draft so if Oher can be a placeholder until we can draft another one that's great although finding one at the end of the 1st may be tough.

Yeah. We got an OT out of the draft so if Oher can be a placeholder until we can draft another one that's great although finding one at the end of the 1st may be tough.

Last pick in the first

Seems like we'd actually be on the short list of contenders with a healthy KB

That's what bums me out so much about KB this year. I wouldn't have called us a top NFC contender with him playing, but with the schedule break this season (NFC East and AFC South and the NFC South competition really limited to Atlanta) I think we were set up better than we'd been in years.

That's what bums me out so much about KB this year. I wouldn't have called us a top NFC contender with him playing, but with the schedule break this season (NFC East and AFC South and the NFC South competition really limited to Atlanta) I think we were set up better than we'd been in years.

Why not? I think we'd be in the mix with anyone

With a healthy KB there are no glaring holes on the team (except maybe roman the bum harper)

Why not? I think we'd be in the mix with anyone

With a healthy KB there are no glaring holes on the team (except maybe roman the bum harper)
Nope. You'd lose in the divisional round, per usual.

I'd still would've called Green Bay and Seattle the top contenders, but we'd be right there.

Our defense alone makes us a contender. We've been lights out and many like to point out our opponents, but we've also had 3 starters out for these 2 games. KB's injury sucks, but we still got a great shot at making the playoffs, even if ATL wins the division. At the end of the season 7-9 might win the NFC East.

Luke hasn't passed the concussion protocol yet.

I have 2 lowers available for Sundays game vs. the Saints if anyone is interested. Section 104 Row 10.

Jeese

Dude got one helluva concussion

Panthers%20Morgan's%20Gamble%20Fo-thumb-520x711-11898.jpg

Good news! Luke is starting on Sunday.

Luke McCown.

Good news! Luke is starting on Sunday.

Luke McCown.
How did the saints think they could fool anyone into believing Brees would play. Rotator injuries are the worst. And playing is the worst thing to do.

New respect for Cam after what he did for our community tonight. A young boy in our neighborhood is battling a rare form of sarcoma and has exhausted every treatment option. He's now in hospice care. His wish was for an early Halloween, and our neighborhood obliged. Cam was here, too. Didn't have to be, don't think there were any news cameras around...just did a great thing for a really sick little boy. Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back