• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

There are rumors that Arkansas is doing whatever they can to find a way to get Malzahn (from Arkansas, went to Arkansas; HS coaching legend in Arkansas; was the OC at Arkansas, when they were a factor, coached at Arkansas State). Auburn's fan base is so delusional that if Auburn loses to UGA and Bama (or maybe to just one of them); they may be willing to let Malzahn go even though Auburn played a ridiculous schedule.

If Arkansas can't hire Malzahn, guessing they will hire App Coach Eliah Drinkwitz. He also is from Arkansas, went to Arkansas Tech, was a HS coach in Arkansas and an assistant coach at Arkansas State. Would be tough hit for the App program to lose coaches in consecutive years.

Makes you wonder who Auburn thinks they're going to bring in to replace Malzahn. Urban Meyer is the only one who makes sense.

Bob Stoops has been announced at FSU right, Stoneville said it was imminent a couple of weeks ago?

I think Iowa will beat the gophers. Auburn should try and keep Malzahn. Jimmy Johnson left OK. St because he would always be second fiddle to OU. A&M got sick of the Longhorns and left the conference. He should stay at Auburn, develop Nix, and wait for Saban to retire.

Makes you wonder who Auburn thinks they're going to bring in to replace Malzahn. Urban Meyer is the only one who makes sense.

I think the only school that Urban would come back for is USC. I don't think he wants any part of Saban every Thanksgiving. But that would make for some great Iron Bowls.

I think Iowa will beat the gophers. Auburn should try and keep Malzahn. Jimmy Johnson left OK. St because he would always be second fiddle to OU. A&M got sick of the Longhorns and left the conference. He should stay at Auburn, develop Nix, and wait for Saban to retire.

Auburn threatens to fire him every year and it's just a matter of time before tey pull the trigger. It always ends badly there. They dumped Chizik two years after winning the national championship (disclaimer, they went 3-9). Tuberville was bought out after his only losing season at 5-7 season. I don't think Auburn wasnecessarily wrong i either of those cases, but it's not like Gus has screwed the pooch over there either.

I was at the SECCG in 2017, watching Auburn, who had previously defeated Georgia and Alabama, play Georgia for the SEC title, and there were Auburn fans sitting near me talking about firing their coach.

Isn’t he supposed to be an offensive guy who has done nothing but produce awful offenses lately?

I'm down with seeing Pitt win tonight. It'd be kinda cool for a team no one talks about to play for the ACC Championship two years in a row ... Plus - Carolina. Yuck.

Unc winning helps whatever chances of an OB appearance we have left. I also think Howell feasts tonight.

I’m in on UVA going to the ACCCG which would make seven coastal teams in seven years.

Just flipped on Pitt vs. Duke, oh wait that’s UNC wearing colors closer to their hated rival than their own.

Pitt up 3-0. Dominating like a Boss. I can move on with my night

Pitt up 3-0. Dominating like a Boss. I can move on with my night

I think it's due to Pittsburg Steelers playing, but guessing 7,000 to 12,000 fans for a school much larger than us. And they are having a very good season too. Just saying we aren't the only ACC school struggling with attendance.

I think it's due to Pittsburg Steelers playing, but guessing 7,000 to 12,000 fans for a school much larger than us. And they are having a very good season too. Just saying we aren't the only ACC school struggling with attendance.

Isn't it largely a commuter school? I say this because I knew a Pitt girl once who commuted. And commuters don't go to games. QED.

Pitt retaining their dominance 9-7, early in the 2nd. Just go to bed, resting happily in the knowledge that Pitt has won...

That was such an obvious catch that if it was called incomplete on the field there was enough to overturn THAT call. So I have no idea how they looked at it and overturned a completion call.

Isn't it largely a commuter school? I say this because I knew a Pitt girl once who commuted. And commuters don't go to games. QED.

There's actually a fun story attached to this, which I'll share because I've been drinking. Pitt Girl and I attended summer classes at William & Mary one ... summer. She started off by hitting on me a bit. I responded by reaming her out once in Organic Chem lab because she was f*ing up, but mostly because I had a chemical imbalance which has since been muted by the magic of Paroxetine (TM). I tried to make amends a month later by jumping her bones while we were studying for the final. She expressed her appreciation by elbowing me in the jaw. Oh, the fun we had! Let's all forget this story by the morning, shall we?

Back