• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Well, looks like everybody now has won the Coastal Division. VA over VaTech today.

What’s the case for Cincy staying ranked? Their only wins against Bowl eligible conference teams were by 3 or less. Their big noncon win was vs 4-7 UCLA.

What’s the case for Cincy staying ranked? Their only wins against Bowl eligible conference teams were by 3 or less. Their big noncon win was vs 4-7 UCLA.

The lack of other teams with a better resume to put ahead of them.

Having a number in front of your team's name doesn't mean you are an elite team.

Agree that the resume isn't stellar at this point.

Their resume is no better than ours.

Their resume is no better than ours.

Maybe, but I'd argue that ours isn't that great.

But having your only loss (until today) be at OSU, against 10 wins, means you are going to be ranked. Their conference isn't awful.

We beat VT if we had them in WS this year. If we were at full strength, I’d say we beat them in Blacksburg. We happened to catch them at their best on the night they honored their historic coach. I don’t think that was a bad loss at all and I think we’d beat the Hokies 6 or 7 times out of 10 this year.

Clemson loss is Clemson loss. VPI didn’t have to play them this year, nor did UVA.

WE’D BE PLAYING FOR THE ORANGE BOWL WITH A WIN TOMORROW IF WE JUST TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS AGAINST AN AVERAGE UL TEAM.

We gave us the game entirely on special teams. We will look back on this season and blame our special teams coach for keeping us from an OB berth.

Great season nonetheless and we must take care of business tomorrow.

Has there been a higher scoring game in regulation this year than the Louisville game? That game was absolutely nuts between two teams that could end up with 9 and 8 wins and it got no national attention.

If App beats Louisiana in the Sun Belt title game (which should low key be a very good game - two top 35 teams) it’ll be interesting to see how the G5 shakes out. If Memphis beats Cincy they get the Cotton Bowl bid but a Memphis loss and a close Boise State game (against Hawai’i) could make things interesting for the NY6 bid. App has a slim shot but they’re likely going to be top 20 in the CFP rankings if they win next week.

That's an awesome way for Bama to lose the Iron Bowl.

Back