• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Alabama -7 over Michigan in the Citrus Bowl ? Yeah, okay.

Alabama -7 over Michigan in the Citrus Bowl ? Yeah, okay.

Too low or two high? I'm pretty sure Bama will have a lot of guys skipping the game. Seems like an opportunity for Michigan to make a statement (that in truth wouldn't mean much at all).

Yeah, you gotta figure out who's playing, but with both teams near 100% you gotta go Bama all the way.

Who knows if Harbaugh will even be there after Christmas.

also, Gattis v. Alabama.

Yeah, you gotta figure out who's playing, but with both teams near 100% you gotta go Bama all the way.

Who knows if Harbaugh will even be there after Christmas.

also, Gattis v. Alabama.

Saban gonna have to do one heck of a motivational job to get his team to care at all about that game.

I mean, it's not like Michigan just rolls over in these bowl games vs. the SEC. Look at last year's Peach Bowl, for example:

Florida 41
Michigan 15

Never mind... Don't look at last year's Peach Bowl.

Saban gonna have to do one heck of a motivational job to get his team to care at all about that game.

I mean, it's not like Michigan just rolls over in these bowl games vs. the SEC. Look at last year's Peach Bowl, for example:

Florida 41
Michigan 15

Never mind... Don't look at last year's Peach Bowl.

pretty lame for him to have to do that, but I guess that's the difference in Bama and Wake

This year will be the first time since 2014 that Bama hasn't played in the playoff. The last time Bama played in a non-playoff bowl game was 2014 when Oklahoma hung 45 on Bama in the Sugar Bowl as a dog. Add in the fact that even those Bama players that don't sit out the game will be thinking about their NFL careers, and hard to see how Bama is super-motivated for the Citrus Bowl.

With that said, there are also a ton of Michigan players that may sit out this game; so, both teams will likely be far from their best.

Is there a team in the country more over rated year in and year out than Georgia? LSU absolutely curb stomped them and, while LSU is really good offensively, I don't know if they can stop Clemson from scoring 40+ points

Don’t underestimate Biff’s influence on the national conversation. This thread is where the college football media comes for hottakes

If Baylor had won the Big 12 CG in OT and everything had played out the same, is it a given that the Bears would've been in the playoff?

If Baylor had won the Big 12 CG in OT and everything had played out the same, is it a given that the Bears would've been in the playoff?

Hard to say, but there is just a lack of good 1-loss teams this year when there was the potential for about 12 of them a couple of weeks ago. I have to believe Baylor would have gotten in after Georgia failed to show up.

This year will be the first time since 2014 that Bama hasn't played in the playoff. The last time Bama played in a non-playoff bowl game was 2014 when Oklahoma hung 45 on Bama in the Sugar Bowl as a dog. Add in the fact that even those Bama players that don't sit out the game will be thinking about their NFL careers, and hard to see how Bama is super-motivated for the Citrus Bowl.

With that said, there are also a ton of Michigan players that may sit out this game; so, both teams will likely be far from their best.

and corner nose bleeds on sale from the Citrus Bowl for just $75!

Is this better/worthwhile ?

Is it a travishamockery that the B1G only gets one team ? Where's Alabama ?

ELXyTi6XUAIoaNB

Last edited:
osu still has the hardest first round matchup in that 8 team playoff smh

Is this better/worthwhile ?

Is it a travishamockery that the B1G only gets one team ? Where's Alabama ?

ELXyTi6XUAIoaNB

I think this and I like giving one Group of 5 team a spot. I keep hearing talk that they should have a group of 5 championship, but that's already been done at the D1 level years ago when they created 1-AA now FCS.

I just love how we've been hearing about wht a complete team Utah is for two weeks from all the talking heads and the committee that had them ranked #5 and now they're persona non grata at #11 while Wisconsin blows a lead in the B1GCG and they stay at #8. Also, Oregon would jump 7 slots from 13 to 6 to get into the playoff after beating Utah.

And I hate the idea of having Memphis in this playoff instead of about 6 other teams.

I just love how we've been hearing about wht a complete team Utah is for two weeks from all the talking heads and the committee that had them ranked #5 and now they're persona non grata at #11 while Wisconsin blows a lead in the B1GCG and they stay at #8. Also, Oregon would jump 7 slots from 13 to 6 to get into the playoff after beating Utah.

And I hate the idea of having Memphis in this playoff instead of about 6 other teams.

I’m guessing most of those 6 teams already had their chance to beat teams in that playoff and failed.

The biggest joke in there is Georgia playing OU for the right to play the team they just lost to.

Back