• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely looking forward to Alabama bearing the living hell out of Duke next weekend.

Definitely looking forward to Alabama bearing the living hell out of Duke next weekend.

But don't stray too far from the narrative of the amazing things David Cutcliffe has done with this program.

Alabama -30.5

Yep. Those two SEC cream puffs blow.

Yeah, when you take all the in-state talent, the other team winds up sucking. See: Ga Tech, Louisville, FSU.

Texas A&M doesn't suck and probably should have beaten Clemson last year in Jimbo's first game. I clearly identified the A&M game as one of Clemson's few challenges this season and a meaningful data point.

Texas A&M also probably has the hardest schedule in the nation this year with Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Auburn.

Yep. Those two SEC cream puffs blow.

Also, Clemson plays both UNC-CH and the Cocks. And the Cocks play UNC-CH next weekend in Charlotte.

Big game for Will Muschamp in his fourth year at USC. They will almost certainly need that game to get bowl eligible.

Let's see how good or bad the SEC and the ACC are when the season actually plays out. You can poop on Clemson's schedule, but they are the only Power V team in the country playing two SEC teams in OOC games. Not sure what else Clemson is expected to do about their schedule.

Over the last 3 seasons, Clemson is 10-1 against the SEC, Ohio State and Notre Dame.

Let's see how good or bad the SEC and the ACC are when the season actually plays out. You can poop on Clemson's schedule, but they are the only Power V team in the country playing two SEC teams in OOC games. Not sure what else Clemson is expected to do about their schedule.

Over the last 3 seasons, Clemson is 10-1 against the SEC, Ohio State and Notre Dame.

Then you can make the same apology for UCF which lined up the mighty ACC Coastal champion last year.

Then you can make the same apology for UCF which lined up the mighty ACC Coastal champion last year.

Nope. UCF didn't return essentially the same offense that hung 44 on Bama before taking its foot off the gas. If the ACC gets demolished in its OOC games this year and the SEC dominates and if either A&M or SC (which UVA embarrassed last year) push Clemson, there will be of plenty of time for SEC apologists to claim that the SEC should have all 4 teams in the BCS playoff or some other insane claim, but let's see how the season plays out before making final judgments on the schedule.

Note for the record that Bama's OOC games are: Duke, Western Carolina, NM State and S. Mississippi. That is pathetic.

Last edited:
Wisconsin v. Nebraska for the B1G West crown.

Wisconsin should be pretty good. I don't get all the Nebraska love for playing pretty well for half of a season.

Wisconsin v. Nebraska for the B1G West crown.

Wisconsin should be pretty good. I don't get all the Nebraska love for playing pretty well for half of a season.

These alternates have people jacked up:

Yeah, I had seen that. If the NCAA wanted to do something useful they'd crack down on letting teams use black as an alternate jersey color. t's insulting to teams that have black as an established jersey color.

Maybe Wake should come out in red jerseys one Saturday afternoon.

Note for the record that Bama's OOC games are: Duke, Western Carolina, NM State and S. Mississippi. That is pathetic.

HOW WAS ALABAMA SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT DUKE WAS GOING TO SUCK??? I mean, they are an ACC team and they have a David Cutcliffe!

Yeah, I had seen that. If the NCAA wanted to do something useful they'd crack down on letting teams use black as an alternate jersey color. t's insulting to teams that have black as an established jersey color.

Maybe Wake should come out in red jerseys one Saturday afternoon.

Nebraska gets a pass from me. The whole "Blackshirts" thing is part of their tradition, at least.

basically fuck duke -- black jerseys, getting curb stomped by Bama...and everything else

HOW WAS ALABAMA SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT DUKE WAS GOING TO SUCK??? I mean, they are an ACC team and they have a David Cutcliffe!

Daniel jones did come out after his junior season.

Alabama is actively improving its scheduling and Saban has recently advocated for tougher schedulingby Power 5 schools.

One big change Saban would make is no more cupcake games for Power 5 teams. Saban suggested a schedule of 10 conference games (currently eight in the SEC) and two Power 5 non-conference opponents. He would also drop the current minimum wins to get to a bowl game in favor of a seeding system similar to college basketball’s March Madness.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...upcakes-dropped-schedules-changes-postseason/

I see you actively updating the thread title with the current line.

I notice the little things. Well done.

:golfclap:

Back