• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

BiffTannen has almost recovered from Saturday afternoon. Still pissed about the Georgia USC game of course. I did not see the game because I was hiking most of the time but heard a little on the radio in the car, watched Jake throw a pick-6 on my phone, and kept track of the game's end on my phone while descending the mountain. Of course I've avoided you numbskulls, SECN, ESPN, and Greg McElroy since then. I'm still positive on the Dawgs because they still have an obvious path to the SEC and National Championships, even if they just showed how much of a challenge it would be to win those.

Jake played his worst game of his career, which I don't expect to happen again. I really don't know why they couldn't move the ball and score against an average USC defense. Losing Mel Tucker to Colorado obviously hurts from a continuity standpoint and i've been waiting all season for the young receiving corps to be exposed.

The defense played more than well enough, only giving up 10 points in regulation.

Kirby appears to have screwed the pooch in a late game situation once again. Maybe he'll start learining from it soon enough. Again, i didn't watch thee game, but it would appear that he is at least partly responsible for the delay in sending in the play that led led to a Jake audible and then an illegal formation penalty, moving the Dawgs back from long FG try.

If the Dawgs don't destroy Kentucky this week, something is wrong.

Like I said, I didn't watch the games on Saturday, but I guess that makes me like a typical voter.

Biff's Top Ten

1. Alabama (1)
2. tOSU (2) - clobbering mediocre and bad teams, all year long
3. OU (4)
4. LSU (5)
5. Clemson (6)
6. Penn State (9)
7. Wisconsin (10)
8. Notre Dame (7)
9. Florida (8)
10. Georgia (3)

Dropped out: N/A

Interesting games this weekend:

Thursday
9:00: UCLA at Stanford -4 - Stanford starts 3rd string QB ESPN

Friday
Ohio State (4) -28 at Northwestern - Hey DeaconBlue, this game is in Illinois, not Indiana. No idea why this game is on Friday night on the BTN.

Saturday
12:00
Clemson (3) -24 at Louisville, ABC
WVU at Oklahoma (5) -33.5, FOX
Florida (9) -5 at South Carolina - Will the Cocks continue their march towards SEC East dominance as the Gators face a letdown in their second straight road game, ESP
NC State -3.5 at BC - Key matchup in scramble to be the second best team in the ACC Atlantic. No idea how they set that line. ACCNX

3:30
LSU (2) -18.5 at Mississippi State - Joe Moorhead's seat is about to get very warm. MSU lost 56-23 at Auburn. No idea how the Bulldogs are going to cover 18.5 and they will have a challenge getting to 6-6. CBS
Oregon (12) -3 at Washington (25) - PAC 12 matchup of the year with a lot less luster than previously imagined. ABC
Temple at SMU (19) -7.5 - One loss between these teams. ESPN2
UL Monroe at App State (24) -15 - ULM has losses to FSU by one point, ISU, and Memphis, but they havenent beaten anybody worth a crap either. ESPN+
UNC-CH -3.5 at Va Tech - No one knows what might happen. ACCNX
Duke at UVA -3 - Battle of 2-1 ACC Coastal teams. ACCN

6:00
UK at UGA (10) -25 - Bounceback game ESPN
Arizona State (17) at Utah (13) -14 PAC12

7:00
Tulane at Memphis -4 - Both are 5-1. ESPN2

7:30
FSU at WFU -2.5 - Key matchup in scramble to be the second best team in the ACC Atlantic.
Tennessee at Alabama (1) -34.5
Michigan (16) at Penn State (7) -8.5

Last edited:
Even though the subject is math related, I thought I’d post it here.
I live in Georgia and I’ve been trying to discuss the concept of ‘transitive property’ with folks around here this week.
The example I use is Wake beat UNC who beat USC who beat UGA. Therefore Wake > UGA.
The Ga Tech folks all understand this. (They’re math oriented)
The UGA folks don’t seem to get it or simply don’t agree with certain mathematical concepts.

Even though the subject is math related, I thought I’d post it here.
I live in Georgia and I’ve been trying to discuss the concept of ‘transitive property’ with folks around here this week.
The example I use is Wake beat UNC who beat USC who beat UGA. Therefore Wake > UGA.
The Ga Tech folks all understand this. (They’re math oriented)
The UGA folks don’t seem to get it or simply don’t agree with certain mathematical concepts.

On a Saturday, 40 years ago, we explained it quite well.

The defense played more than well enough, only giving up 10 points in regulation.

Not sure if that is the takeaway given the 3rd string QB for SCAR was terribad.

I was shocked at how bad UGA looked on offense. Too many weapons for that. Not just a Fromm issue.

Agree that this UK game will be a good read on things. I expect UGA to snap back, but who knows.

Still gonna beat the fuck out of Florida.

Maybe.

But I doubt it.

Will be interesting to see if UF can beat SCAR on the road w/ Hilinski, when UGA couldn't beat them at home with a 3rd string QB playing most of the game.

Of course, UF probably should have lost to UK.

:noidea:

UGA lacks the explosiveness on offense to beat the fuck out of anybody. Against Power V schools, which includes pathetic Vandy and TN, UGA is averaging 28 ppg. That's mediocre. Just don't see UGA hanging 40+ plus on Florida (like LSU did) unless UGA gets a couple special teams and/or defensive scores. The UGA offense is plodding.

tOSU playing at NW on Friday night for that sweet sweet TV money from Fox, but WWE Smackdown pushed games from Fox to FS1 - now the ALCS postponement from last night has pushed the game from FS1 to the Big Ten network

love that TV money

side note: who watches WWE Smackdown?

Way more than who watch Ohio State-Northwestern on a Friday night.

Back