• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Ohio State’s Cobb County backfield of Fields and Sermon looking good tonight.

Sermon went to the same high school as Chuck Nevitt and Travis Tritt.

After Clemson thrashed Bama 2 years ago for the championship, we jokingly said Lawrence should just sit the next 2 years out. I don't think the last 2 years have changed his draft status from that night, but my memory of his college career will be him getting outplayed by Joe Burrow and Justin Fields.

I think Clemson’s offense and Lawrence missed OC Tony Elliot tonight more than we thought they would.

Travis Etienne definitely cost himself some draft position by coming back this year.

And tOSU CB Shaun Wade is getting destroyed out there tonight and he’ll be up against Davonte Smith and maybe Jayne Waddle in the championship game.

CFP Semis are amazingly consistent in being underwhelming games. 10/14 have been more than 2 TD pt spread.

Run, pass, pass. All they have to do is run the ball 3 times every time they have the ball.

After Clemson thrashed Bama 2 years ago for the championship, we jokingly said Lawrence should just sit the next 2 years out. I don't think the last 2 years have changed his draft status from that night, but my memory of his college career will be him getting outplayed by Joe Burrow and Justin Fields.

His numbers were still great tonight. I don’t think Lawrence will be a Jameis type with an incredible freshman campaign and simply great two years then a mediocre pro.

I think Clemson’s offense and Lawrence missed OC Tony Elliot tonight more than we thought they would.

Travis Etienne definitely cost himself some draft position by coming back this year.

And tOSU CB Shaun Wade is getting destroyed out there tonight and he’ll be up against Davonte Smith and maybe Jayne Waddle in the championship game.

I disagree about Etienne. Last years RB class was really loaded ( CEH, Swift, Taylor, Akers, Dobbins, Gibson). He is definitely the number 1 guy this year at that position.

OSU went up and down the field against that vaunted Brent Venables defense. For over 600 yards. I don't think missing Tony Elliot was the problem.

Lawrence had a great stat line. 33/48, 400 yards, 2 TD, one INT that was basically a TD. The running game was stonewalled aside from Lawrence’s TD.

OSU went up and down the field against that vaunted Brent Venables defense. For over 600 yards. I don't think missing Tony Elliot was the problem.

Shades of the Orange Bowl shellacking by WV which resulted in Dabo hiring Venables, iirc.

You don’t think it’s a problem that tOSU scored four straight touchdowns and Clemson’s offense didn’t answer ? They had two three and outs, a four play drive, and halftime. If they could have scored or kept the ball out of tOSU’s hands it would have been a different game at the half.

Just saw where Brian Kelly said they competed and had chance to win???? Really???? Yeah it wasn't a complete beat down, but that game was never in doubt, did he give his guys participation trophies after the game?

Just saw where Brian Kelly said they competed and had chance to win???? Really???? Yeah it wasn't a complete beat down, but that game was never in doubt, did he give his guys participation trophies after the game?

Kelly has to know the questions about his program are coming, and yet he still seemed flustered and frustrated. All he has to do is prepare with some canned answers but that’s not who he is.

One of the best days ever to be a tOSU fan. Couple things:

- The hit on Fields was textbook targeting. It’s bizarre some people still don’t realize targeting doesn’t have to be helmet to helmet.
- That had to be one of the best and gutsiest QB performances in CFB history.
- Sean Wade is really bad, and I have no idea how he was an all American/projected 1st/2nd round pick. Smith from Bama will abuse him. Gotta double team.
- Felt really weird/good seeing most of the reviews go tOSUs way after last year.
- I really hope Day has exposed those clowns as a fraud on defense when they aren’t able to steal the other team’s signals. Cool to hear Herbstreit talk about it (at least vaguely) in front of a massive TV audience.

Brian Kelly is a fraud and a dumbass. On 4th and 7 at midfield with 3 minutes down 31-7, he wanted to punt. He yelled "Punt, Punt, Punt, Punt."

The rest of the ND staff was incredulous and convinced Kelly to call a TO before ND punted (which was also idiotic to have to waste a timeout there, but punting was an even more asinine decision). Confronted with the reality that there was nothing to lose by going for it and nothing to gain by punting, the offense went back out on the field and got the first and ultimately scored a TD. While it didn't matter, that score cut the lead to 18 making it an automatic decision to go for two to make it a 2 score game. Instead, ND kicked a meaningless extra point. In addition to showing a complete inability to make sound decisions in the moment, you could tell that Kelly had his mind locked in on the ability to claim that the Bama loss was "competitive". There are a lot of douchey head coaches, but Kelly is the worst. Really hate him and that program.

Back