• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Watching the Wisconsin - Illinois game. The Wiscy QB is a freshman. He’s 13 for 13 with 3 TDs in the first half.
Pretty darn impressive.

Watching the Wisconsin - Illinois game. The Wiscy QB is a freshman. He’s 13 for 13 with 3 TDs in the first half.
Pretty darn impressive.

Wow. Quick edit. He’s now 14-14 with 4 TDs.

Wow. Quick edit. He’s now 14-14 with 4 TDs.

Mertz finished the game 20-21 with 5 TDs. He’s a true freshman and was starting his first game. I’m not a huge Wisconsin fan, but I’m going to be watching this kid to see if he can continue like this.

Hard to think of a more irrelevant P5 team than Illinois. And yes, that includes WF, Duke, and Vandy.

Can’t disagree on that. Illinois is not very good at tackle football......at least since Dick Butkus left.

I mean this whole Clemson Syracuse Dynamic has just gotten completely bizarre at this point

Mertz finished the game 20-21 with 5 TDs. He’s a true freshman and was starting his first game. I’m not a huge Wisconsin fan, but I’m going to be watching this kid to see if he can continue like this.

Pretty certain he is a redshirt freshman, but it was still really impressive.

IMO, Clemson is by far the best team in the country.

Ohio State might be able to compete, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Bama and UGA are both lacking a QB that can win a natty this year.

Strong disagree with the first line - its Clemson/Bama/OSU all close and then a big gap down to the rest.

Strong disagree with the third line - he will be a heisman finalist. 23-28 370 yds in 2 1/2 qtrs so far today.

Oh man, Penn State.

The stupidity.

Holy shit, Indiana.

The stupidity.

Texas Tech punter launched the ball from his own 4 yard line and kicked the ball into the WVU endzone for an 87 yard punt. I assume there was a 70 mph wind at his back.

There have been 3 fumbles in the prime time game. Michigan has recovered all 3. 21 points scored on the succeeding drives.

I think they're about as good as 2-2. And Auburn isn't all that great. They've got three games left where they'll be big underdogs (UGA, Bama, UF) and three winnable games that give them a shot at finishing .500 (Mizzou, Vandy, Carolina).

Looks like you were probably right. UT win was fools gold, UK is middling, Vols are dog shit

Texas Tech punter launched the ball from his own 4 yard line and kicked the ball into the WVU endzone for an 87 yard punt. I assume there was a 70 mph wind at his back.
He's no Harry Rabenhorst!

That was a. bomb. He kicked at the 4, the ball landed at the opposing 20 - 76 yards in the air

I don’t know what’s worse, the decision to settle for a 45 yarder, the kick, or the people in the tweet thread who couldn’t figure out what “basically kneeling” for a 45 yarder is.

Strong disagree with the first line - its Clemson/Bama/OSU all close and then a big gap down to the rest.

Strong disagree with the third line - he will be a heisman finalist. 23-28 370 yds in 2 1/2 qtrs so far today.

I’ll take the criticism. I think Clemson is a tier above Bama this season. OSU might be up there with them, but I’ll need more evidence.

I’m not sold on Mac Jones. He has sick weapons, for sure. He’s not terrible. He’s just not Lawrence or Fields. Bama also has issues on defense (and so does most everyone else, which was part of my point).

Just my opinion.

Back