• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Tulsa sent last night's game with Tulane into OT with a Hail Mary TD. Won in 2OT on a 96-yard Pick 6.

That was a wild game, I stayed and watched it. 0-0 at halftime, Tulsa's starter gets hurt. Tulane goes up 14-0, Tulsa's backup who had been terrible gets hurt. Tulsa's 3rd stringer comes in and is slinging darts all over the field and they tied it at 14. Tulane scores to go up 21-14, Tulsa gets the ball back and looks like they drive down to about Tulane's 40 and then complete a hail mary with 0 left on the clock, Tulane defended it terribly. Trade FG's in the first OT and Tulane gets the ball to start OT #2 and get a pick 6 to walk off with the win. Tulsa's 3rd string QB looked great and their #2 OB looked terrible before he got hurt. Makes you wonder what Tulsa's coach has been seeing in practice. No way, he should've been #3 on the depth chart, looked like he should've been pushing the starter.

That was a wild game, I stayed and watched it. 0-0 at halftime, Tulsa's starter gets hurt. Tulane goes up 14-0, Tulsa's backup who had been terrible gets hurt. Tulsa's 3rd stringer comes in and is slinging darts all over the field and they tied it at 14. Tulane scores to go up 21-14, Tulsa gets the ball back and looks like they drive down to about Tulane's 40 and then complete a hail mary with 0 left on the clock, Tulane defended it terribly. Trade FG's in the first OT and Tulane gets the ball to start OT #2 and get a pick 6 to walk off with the win. Tulsa's 3rd string QB looked great and their #2 OB looked terrible before he got hurt. Makes you wonder what Tulsa's coach has been seeing in practice. No way, he should've been #3 on the depth chart, looked like he should've been pushing the starter.

Tulsa has six QBs on their roster. The starter and backup are rSr and rJr. The "hero of the game" is a rSoph. There may be something of a "when it's your turn" mentality at work.

ETA: Two interesting tidbits.
Their starting center is Chris Paul.
Backup guard is Isaiah Wright, a walk-on from Irmo, SC Dutch Firk H.S.

Last edited:
Tulsa has six QBs on their roster. The starter and backup are rSr and rJr. The "hero of the game" is a rSoph. There may be something of a "when it's your turn" mentality at work.

Might be, but I mean that guy really looked good running the offense and throwing the ball. I hate the #2 QB got hurt, but there is no way Tulsa wins that game if he doesn't get hurt and stayed in the game.

Tulane +5.5 might the worst "Bad Beat" of all time.

Tulane never trailed the game in regulation. They led 14-0 heading into the 4th quarter.

As noted above, Tulsa lost its top 2 QBs by the 3rd quarter; so, the chances of Tulsa scoring 14 or more points in the 4th quarter was unlikely. Also, Tulane missed 2 FGs in regulation, including a 28 yarder, and another that hit the upright. On the Tulsa drive to tie the game at 14 late in the 4th quarter, Tulsa converted a 4th and 13 and 4th and 15. Even so, Tulane quickly responded and went up 21-14 with just over a minute to go; at that point, Tulsa scoring a 3rd TD in the 4th quarter with their 3rd string QB was massively improbable. Well, the improbable happened as Tulsa completed a Hail Mary to on the last play of regulation to tie the game and force OT.

In the first OT, Tulsa kicked a FG to go up 3; so, Tulane +5.5 backers would cover if: a) Tulane scored a TD, b) missed a FG, c) turned it over without giving up a defensive touchdown. Instead, Tulane kicked a FG to bring a 2nd OT. In the 2nd OT, Tulane got the ball the first. So, if you had Tulane +5.5, even with all of the bad luck that allowed the game to go OT, it seems unlikely to lose by 6 or more because if Tulane doesn't score with the first possession, Tulsa can simply kick a FG to win the game. If Tulane kicks another FG, a Tulane bettor getting 5.5 can't lose. Tulane quickly drives down to the Tulsa goal line, by running the ball, to start OT #2. On 3rd and goal from the 2, Tulane's QB throws a pick 6. Final score 30-24. The only time Tulsa covered 5.5 point spread was when the game ended.

BTW, this is the same Tulane team that somehow blew a 24-0 2nd half lead to Navy to open the season.

Last edited:
Liberty plays at State tomorrow. Good chance Liberty will be 3-0 v ACC, all road wins.

Liberty plays at State tomorrow. Good chance Liberty will be 3-0 v ACC, all road wins.

Mark Packer did a great interview with Freeze on Tuesday. I had no idea that LU was putting so much money into athletics, including a new basketball arena. Freeze was complimentary of Falwell, Sr. but avoided talking about Junior, aside from what could be inferred from his comments on redemption and second chances.

Tulsa was also +2 last week against SMU and was down 21-0 and 24-7 at half. They scored the last 21 points, held a very high scoring SMU offense to zero in the 2nd half, and won by 4.

Tulsa was also +2 last week against SMU and was down 21-0 and 24-7 at half. They scored the last 21 points, held a very high scoring SMU offense to zero in the 2nd half, and won by 4.

There’s a joke to be made here about how removing the stench of a loser from an athletic program naturally produces good results across all sports, but I’m too lazy to knit it together. Or maybe I just made it.

I went to bed, bored, at halftime. I’m an idiot.

I went to bed, bored, at halftime. I’m an idiot.

Well, it did look like a dud for a long time. Scoreless into the 3rd quarter, then Tulane up 14-0 and Tulsa down to their 3rd string QB. You had no reason to believe it would turn into a contender for finish of the year.

Syracuse needs to end their season. Seriously - they have no business playing any more

Could be favoritism, but could also be that some guys just buckle under game pressure but look good in practice.

David Pollack just was hyping Dave Clawson for the South Carolina job on Gameday. Hopefully we don't lose a 2nd Dave to the Cocks.

Back