• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC 2014-15

Is McClinton back and practicing yet? I know quite a few people/scouts were really intrigued by him pre-injury. If he could get a jump shot together his length will cause people all sorts of problems.

In reality won't we have essentially 4 new players: McClinton, Green (I realize that he played as a freshman;but he will be a new addition to this team), Mitchell and Watson?
OGB only included transfers and ESPN top-100 recruits in the "newcomers" category. None of those 4 fit that criteria.

Legend: Asterisk indicates possible early-entry candidate
Key losses/returners had a 3.0 ppg minimum cut-off
Key newcomers include transfers and top-100 recruits. RSCI hasn’t been updated since September, so I used ESPN’s rankings instead.

This really isn't hard to understand, right?

I don't think its a stretch to think that UVA could repeat as ACC champions.

Exactly. I don't know where OGB is getting the info but UVA will be quite good again. They signed Bryant Stith's son, BJ and also a 6'10" New Zealander from their national team. Their guards may be the best in the ACC & they are returning. Harris is a key loss but has scored less each year.they won the league this year by 3 games after beating Duke in ACCT game. Their 3rd recruit is 3* Isaiah Wilkins who is 6'8.

He didn't say they wouldn't be good, he said it would be difficult to repeat what they did last year.

In fact he said "they’re still going to be very good" which as far as I know is roughly equivalent to "UVA will be quite good again."

He said they would be very good again. They were 16-2 in the ACC regular season and won the conference tournament. Tough to match or exceed that.

The reading comprehension level is quite bad in some of these reply posts.

Exactly. I don't know where OGB is getting the info but UVA will be quite good again. They signed Bryant Stith's son, BJ and also a 6'10" New Zealander from their national team. Their guards may be the best in the ACC & they are returning. Harris is a key loss but has scored less each year.they won the league this year by 3 games after beating Duke in ACCT game. Their 3rd recruit is 3* Isaiah Wilkins who is 6'8.

He did say they would be good again, but I believe that there is a strong possibility that they could repeat as ACC Champions.

I think Anthony Gill could possibly be a breakout player next year.

where is OGB getting his info? i think uva will be good again next year

where is OGB getting his info? i think uva will be good again next year

Agreed. And why isn't Mcclinton and Green mentioned as newcomers? Mcclinton is rated as the #10 player in the COUNTRY by Deman!!

KJ could really benefit from another year. I think Grantham will be a contributor as a newcomer. We could be halfway decent if KJ returns, if not, give us Buzzdick expectations...

FWIW, Stith the Younger will be a newcomer at UVA next year, and he's rated in the 50-100 range, though I forget which service. And I think they'll vie with Dick and a couple others for the ACC regular season title. And I further think losing Akil Mitchell will be harder on them than losing Harris. Mitchell was the best rebounding and defensive big in the conference this past year.

KJ could really benefit from another year. I think Grantham will be a contributor as a newcomer. We could be halfway decent if KJ returns, if not, give us Buzzdick expectations...

Now, now. Let's not get carried away. Buzzdick stands in a category all to his own. If you lose KJ, you know Brownell will still have your guys playing good D. You'll just lose a lot of 43-38 games.

Jabari Parker going pro.

Coach K's attempt to integrate individual 1 and dones into his system is proving to be a pretty spectacular failure. Maybe he can actually win something with 2 or 3 early entrants?

Coach K's attempt to integrate individual 1 and dones into his system is proving to be a pretty spectacular failure. Maybe he can actually win something with 2 or 3 early entrants?

He's adjusting, that's for sure

Back