• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The ACC 2014-15

So, will UVA be very good or quite good again this year?

Non-drafted free agent.

I'm thinking 2nd round, then Europe. Someone should tell him the weather in Southern Europe beats that of Northern Europe in the Winter.

Is Diego on suicide watch, or is he just looking forward to another good football season?

Yes. Brogdon, Anderson, Gill, Tobey, and Perrantes is a really strong group of players. They are set up to be very good for at least the next two seasons.

Yeah, Perrantes and Brogdon will start in the back-court, with either a redshirt frosh Hall or Stith the Younger logging minutes behind them. Then Anderson will start at the 3 with Stith backing him up. If Stith is good right away, they may also play him at the 3 with Anderson at the 4. Then they'll have Tobey, Gill, Atkins and Nolte rotate at the 4 and 5. I think they should start Atkins and Gill due to Tobey's propensity for foul trouble. The new players are Hall, a 6'5" PG, who reportedly is a decent ball handler and defender but can't shoot it - a poor man's Nate McMillan, then Stith, who is 6'5" (same as dad), another 3* 6'8" SF and a 6'10" C from New Zealand who no one has ever heard of. Brogdon is already pretty darn good. They need Perrantes to become more aggressive offensively and Anderson to find some offensive consistency (he's an athletic freak) and then either Hall or Stith to be serviceable and the bigs to all improve a little. All that happens, and yes, they're top-25 easily. And I think Atkins is the only senior. Teven Jones transferred, but no one here is losing sleep about that. Bennett really needs a good big and a good guard in this next class to keep the momentum going, and they do appear to be involved with a lot of top-100 rising seniors, so they should be able to land a couple of that bunch.

Like McDaniels and hope that I am wrong about him.

With that said, only the 30 1st round draft picks get guaranteed money. So far, 34 underclassmen have declared for the draft, and there are still a few players that have yet to decide whether to declare. In addition there are 3 international players that are likely to be 1st round picks (Dante Exum, Dario Saric and Vasilje Micic), and could be a couple of others. Also, there are 4 seniors that are likely first round picks (Dougie McBuckets, Shabazz Napier, Adriean Payne and Cleanthony Early) and a handful of other seniors that may be 1st round picks (CJ Fair, Markel Brown, CJ Wilcox, Deonte Burton and Xavier Thames). So, when its all said and done, would not be surprised if at least half of those that declared early don't receive any first round money, and many won't even be 2nd round picks.

Given that everyone says that this is a deep draft, have hard time believing that many of those that declared early for this draft would be significantly better off if they waited a year, developed their game and improved their stock for the 2015 NBA draft. Would put KJ in that category, but again, maybe I am under-rating NBA teams' opinions of him.

All true, but it's a stretch to say he won't get drafted at all.

Big fan of Stith the senior, watched Oak Hill twice recently on ESPN and junior Stith didn't do much. The Martin twins played well but dominated the ball.

Watching the recent All-Star games shows the 2014 group to be a little underrated. These guys can play and several are headed to the ACC. Of course Okafor and Jones are the real deal. Also, Justin Jackson headed to UNC reminds me of Josh Howard during his freshman year, except Jackson shoots much better at the same stage. He's a real baller but very skinny.

Back