• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The American Reboot

Yeah, we just need to keep spending out the ass. I mean, we're only $20 trillion dollars in debt. And who the fuck wants to have to live with a balanced budget?

Let's balance the budget. What are we cutting first?

Link to said polls?

You can google it. There have been several polls that include both Trump vs Clinton and Trump vs Clinton vs Johnson. I believe only one had him taking more away from Trump than Hillary. In all the rest it is equal or a little more from Hillary.

You sure they weren't taking from undecided?

Do you want to give me a hint of which polls you're talking about? You are talking about a very specific set of polls in which the same pollsters polled about Trump/Hillary and Trump/Hillary/Johnson/possibly Stein, etc. Just trying to avoid a scenario in which I find several that show Johnson takes from Trump more than Hillary and you say "No those are the ones I'm talking about" just to save face.

Also if you're comparing different polls from different pollsters or aggregate polls, that doesn't tell show what you're saying. You could be confusing simple differences between the polls with people changing their vote when presented with Johnson as an option.

You and I both forgot the most likely scenario. A small percentage of #nevertrump Pubs poll for Hillary in a two person race. Those Pubs go for Johnson when he's added. It's hard to look at polls and find evidence that two Republicans are a compromise for both parties.

Last edited:
http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/05/31/gary-johnson-will-steal-votes-clinton-trump/

This 40+ percent of millennials who are non-ideological Sanders supporters are your average millennials. They lean left on social issues, want a candidate with a vision for dramatic change, and are tired of war in the Middle East.

Johnson has more in common with these millennials than he does with conservatives who are dissatisfied with Trump.

Johnson is pro-choice and supports gay marriage, including forcing businesses to serve gay couples. Johnson believes “global warming is man-caused.” Johnson believes in marijuana legalization. Johnson is a non-interventionist on foreign policy, bordering on anti-war.

All of these positions appeal to millennial Sanders supporters — and scare off many of the anti-Trump Republicans.

Yeah, we just need to keep spending out the ass. I mean, we're only $20 trillion dollars in debt. And who the fuck wants to have to live with a balanced budget?

When Clinton took office, he turned a dozen years of GOP deficits into leaving a surplus.

W then turned it into the largest deficits in US history.

Obama has cut W's deficits by nearly 2/3.

It seems over the past 1/3 of a century that GOP POTUS run up the debts and Dem POTUS cut the deficits they were left with.

History is a bitch sometimes isn't it?

When Clinton took office, he turned a dozen years of GOP deficits into leaving a surplus.

It seems over the past 1/3 of a century that GOP POTUS run up the debts and Dem POTUS cut the deficits they were left with.

LOL

You sure they weren't taking from undecided?

Do you want to give me a hint of which polls you're talking about? You are talking about a very specific set of polls in which the same pollsters polled about Trump/Hillary and Trump/Hillary/Johnson/possibly Stein, etc. Just trying to avoid a scenario in which I find several that show Johnson takes from Trump more than Hillary and you say "No those are the ones I'm talking about" just to save face.

Also if you're comparing different polls from different pollsters or aggregate polls, that doesn't tell show what you're saying. You could be confusing simple differences between the polls with people changing their vote when presented with Johnson as an option.

You and I both forgot the most likely scenario. A small percentage of #nevertrump Pubs poll for Hillary in a two person race. Those Pubs go for Johnson when he's added. It's hard to look at polls and find evidence that two Republicans are a compromise for both parties.

All the polls I've seen where the pollster presents Clinton and Trump and then Clinton, Trump, and Johnson shows Johnson taking almost equally from Clinton and Trump.

Yeah. I looked it up and that's correct. Two things are happening. First, Johnson takes a larger percentage from Trump than Hillary. If Hillary drops from 45 to 42 and Trump drops from 40 to 37, Trump loses a bigger percentage of his voters.

Second, like I said before, if there are any Republicans voting Hillary in a two person race, they're voting for Johnson in a three person.

Pretty straightforward. Definitely not a sign that Johnson/Weld is a compromise. Simply that they could give Republicans a better protest vote than Hillary.

not as much as you

Why is history a bitch?

just out of curiosity, where is the evidence that a balanced budget is desirable above all else, other than a conditioned fear of the word "debt"

Yeah. I looked it up and that's correct. Two things are happening. First, Johnson takes a larger percentage from Trump than Hillary. If Hillary drops from 45 to 42 and Trump drops from 40 to 37, Trump loses a bigger percentage of his voters.

Second, like I said before, if there are any Republicans voting Hillary in a two person race, they're voting for Johnson in a three person.

Pretty straightforward. Definitely not a sign that Johnson/Weld is a compromise. Simply that they could give Republicans a better protest vote than Hillary.

FYI, Nate Silver confirmed on the latest Politico podcast that in most polls Johnson was originally pulling equally from both sides but more recently has been pulling more from Hillary.

Also, you are ignoring the fact that many Democrats are disillusioned with Hillary as well. And some of them were voting for Trump, mainly pissed off Bernie voters. Only about half of Bernie supporters said they are going to vote for Hillary. The rest are split almost evenly between Johnson and Trump.

Back