• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The BCS Title Game Discussion Thread

You: Vanilla ice cream is good.
Me: No, vanilla ice cream sucks.
You: Yeah, well chocolate ice cream sucks.

Best summary of every board argument.

If these teams had Luck and Griffin as QBs I'd be much more excited, but the qbs are just horrific. they missed wide open wide receivers. yes, both have great defenses, but the offenses/qb were terrible in the first game.

I like good defense as much as the next guy (the 2000 Ravens are one of my favorite NFL teams ever, as well as really loving the Bucs Ds and the '85 Bears), but anyone defending the earlier game as "just good defense" needs to come to grips that it wasn't a very exciting game and it wasn't well played.

I think tonight's game will certainly be better, but it's difficult to fault anyone for thinking that it could be a snoozefest.

Both teams have had pretty good offenses (QB play aside) all year except the one game. Hell, LSU usually scores at least on TD on Special teams per game as well. LSU will roll the sexless tide.

DSD, do you know something I don't? Did Saban issue a no pussy for 48 hours before the game edict? If so, the Tigers are in trouble. For the person who added the jorts tag, you do realize the Florida Gators are not playing tonight right?

DSD, do you know something I don't? Did Saban issue a no pussy for 48 hours before the game edict? If so, the Tigers are in trouble. For the person who added the jorts tag, you do realize the Florida Gators are not playing tonight right?

I know plenty that you dont, but that is not the point. I am sick of all the bandwagon tide fans and their "roll you sexy tide" bullshit. that is all.

I hope it's a good game though a 9-6 game for me isn't entertaining (Unless it involves Wake coming out on top). Hoping both offenses can score a little.

Like bama fans don't wear jorts. Come on.

I'm just sad that college football ends tonight. The 8 months of impatiently waiting for the new season begins tomorrow.

For most other fanbases the jort is utilitarian. (I ripped a big hole in my britches, guess I'll just cut em off and make short pants out of them, or holy jesus its fucking hot, maybe I can get some relief if I cut the legs off my dungarees). Only Florida fans find jorts fashionable, hence the popularity of the hemmed jort.

really hope LSU wins but I got a nasty feeling Bama is gonna pummel them.

For most other fanbases the jort is utilitarian. (I ripped a big hole in my britches, guess I'll just cut em off and make short pants out of them, or holy jesus its fucking hot, maybe I can get some relief if I cut the legs off my dungarees). Only Florida fans find jorts fashionable, hence the popularity of the hemmed jort.

So Bama fans wearing cutoff jean off shorts is okay, but Florida fans take it over the line with the hemmed jort.

That does not sound like a contradiction at all.

really hope LSU wins but I got a nasty feeling Bama is gonna pummel them.

If you're LSU, this would be the absolute worst case scenario. If Alabama comes in and DESTROYS LSU in New Orleans, then there is absolutely no chance that LSU gets a share.

This would remind me of when Florida lost to FSU (by 3) in 1996 and then destroyed the 'Noles (Pretty sure this was the only time Steve Spurrier ever really destroyed FSU...Bowden and the 'Noles had his number like no other team) in the Sugar Bowl. That cost FSU the National Title.

I don't think Bama's WRs/McCarron are good enough to destroy LSU. Maybe win convincingly like 20-7 or something, but I can't see it getting out of hand one way or the other.

Yea, no SEC offense has scored over 17 on LSU all year. Only offenses to break 20 on them were West Virginia (21) and Oregon (27).

I'm totes over any argument about the OSU snub, but it would have been cool to see a good offense play LSU. Stanford, OSU, or even Oregon again would have been fun to see. Oregon, I think, improved as the year went on.

So Bama fans wearing cutoff jean off shorts is okay, but Florida fans take it over the line with the hemmed jort.

That does not sound like a contradiction at all.

Dude, seriously if you can't get the humor in discussing degrees of jortness among SEC fanbases I don't know what to tell you. Let me be perfectly clear. Jorts of all kind (ripped, cutoff, burnt, hemmed, flea bitten) are equally worthy of ridicule.

Back