• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Best Films of 2013, and some other accolades

Impressive critique, I will eat some crow and take your movie knowledge seriously. I can see where you're coming from here...but I'm a Berg fan because of FNL
I'm a huge FNL fan as well, which is even more reason why I was disappointed with this. Even though I went in knowing Berg would take that "hoorah" type of approach, I was hoping he might tone it down a bit, or at least add in some interesting touches, especially since FNL contained some of the best character arcs in modern TV.

I'm a huge FNL fan as well, which is even more reason why I was disappointed with this. Even though I went in knowing Berg would take that "hoorah" type of approach, I was hoping he might tone it down a bit, or at least add in some interesting touches, especially since FNL contained some of the best character arcs in modern TV.

You're talking about when Landry murdered that guy in Season 2, right?

I've been trying to keep up this year, but awards season has been overwhelming and theres just no way I could see everything. I haven't seen: Frances Ha, Rush, All is Lost, Philomena, 12 Years a Slave, Blue Jasmine, Nebraska, The Butler, Dallas Buyers Club, Fruitvale Station, The Spectacular Now, or Short Term 12. With that caveat, here is my top 10

1. Mud
2. Inside Llewyn Davis
3. Gravity
4. The Place Beyond The Pines
5. The Wolf of Wall Street
6. Captain Phillips
7. Her
8. Much Ado About Nothing
9. American Hustle
10. Trance

Almost Made The List: Don Jon, HG Catching Fire, The Way Way Back, Stoker, Prisoners, At World End

Just saw way way back and liked it a lot

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

This is worse than Townie's 'Best 327 Indie Songs of 2017' list. And that's saying something.

You picked a helluva day to stop huffing glue.

Since I posted my list I've seen Rush, All Is Lost, Short Term 12, Dallas Buyers Club, and Fruitvale Station. My updated list:
1. Mud
2. Short Term 12
3. Gravity
4. The Place Beyond The Pines
5. Fruitvale Station
6. The Wolf of Wall Street
7. Captain Phillips
8. Her
9. Much Ado About Nothing
10. American Hustle

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Back