• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Best Films of 2015

Should also mention that Inside Out, Straight Outta Compton, Sicario and The Gift just missed the list and were in my 20-30 section. Thought Inside Out was maybe the best thing Pixar has ever done.

Good to know Fanatic is capable of getting Pixar feels.

Always look forward to your list. Need to hear the bottom five also, always at least one on there I liked.

My top five in no order is It Follows, Phoenix, Ex Machina, Buzzard and Mad Max. Loved Star Wars. What They Do in the Shadows was probably the most disappointing based on what I heard going in/my own expectations. Worst has to be Chappie, borderline unwatchable.

Fanatic, do you have thoughts on my three you didn't mention?

2015 was a pretty damn strong year for film. Had a decent amount of Hollywood fare that was stronger than the usual output, and independent and foreign filmmaking continues to get stronger. Didn't see everything I wanted to, but figured I'd go ahead and put this out here to get some discussion started. What were you guys feeling in 2015?

Best Films of 2015
1. Chi-Raq (Spike Lee)
2. Li’l Quinquin (Bruno Dumont)
3. Mad Max: Fury Road (George Miller)
4. Hard to Be a God (Aleksey German)
5. Queen of Earth (Alex Ross Perry)
6. Prince (Sam de Jong)
7. Heart of a Dog (Laurie Anderson)
8. Creed (Ryan Coogler)
9. Eden (Mia Hansen-Løve)
10. Heaven Knows What (Ben Safdie, Joshua Safdie)
Honorable Mention: Fort Tilden (Sarah-Violet Bliss, Charles Rogers), blackhat (Michael Mann), Eastern Boys (Robin Campillo), Clouds of Sils Maria (Olivier Assayas), Magic Mike XXL (Gregory Jacobs), Mistress America (Noah Baumbach), Phoenix (Christian Petzold), The Big Short (Adam McKay), Maps to the Stars (David Cronenberg), A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (Roy Andersson)

:squint:

Always look forward to your list. Need to hear the bottom five also, always at least one on there I liked.

My top five in no order is It Follows, Phoenix, Ex Machina, Buzzard and Mad Max. Loved Star Wars. What They Do in the Shadows was probably the most disappointing based on what I heard going in/my own expectations. Worst has to be Chappie, borderline unwatchable.

Fanatic, do you have thoughts on my three you didn't mention?

I just saw this last night and loved it.

Not enough crotch shots for LK and dkn?

I thought The Martian and Inside Out were legitimately very good movies. Ant-Man, The Force Awakens, and Avengers: Age of Ultron were the other movies that I saw that I thought were entertaining.

Back