• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

Indiana St shouldn't be in the tourney for any reason other than the goofy white dude with goggles. So, I don't see to committee rewarding them for their weak resume

Unless St Johns makes a run this week, they shouldn't be in either. Either way, I think we need 3 wins.

Indiana state and Seton hall firmly in there? Who are they sleeping with?

Indiana got the goofy white dude with goggles. You can't keep them out. That is must see TV. Tourney needs that their BID.

My absolutely unofficial projections:

Win 0 games: 0% chance
Win 1 game: 0% chance
Win 2 games: 40% chance
Win 3 games: 95% chance
Win 4 games: Hang the banners

The 40% win 2 games factors in situations where we absolutely blow out Tech/ND and then Pitt with a very close UNC loss as well as sneaking by both and getting run out of the gym by UNC

Yeah this is where I'm at.

2 wins with a heart breaking<5 pt loss to UNC maybe puts it at 50%

The 40% win 2 games factors in situations where we absolutely blow out Tech/ND and then Pitt with a very close UNC loss as well as sneaking by both and getting run out of the gym by UNC
I'm a little bit more honed/dialed in on my predictions:

Win 2 games: 40.7% chance
Win 3 games: 95.3% chance

I don't see any world where we win three games, including UNC, and get left out beyond there being every stolen berth imaginable. We'd be worst case top 25 KP, top 30-35 NET with 4 Q1 wins (maybe 5 if Florida finds a way to move up a few spots in the SEC). If you take away any anchoring from the bracketology stuff, that's plainly a tournament resume.

From what I can tell, this is our Monday night rooting guide:

• Towson over Charleston (for the metrics)
  • JMU over Arkansas State (keep the SunBelt a one bid league)
  • Samford over ETSU (probably not a big deal but I don't want the committee getting any funny ideas)
  • St. Mary's and Gonzaga (don't need the WCC getting a 3rd bid)
Nothing else jumps out to me.

Having a hard time getting excited. we’ve been so disappointing away from home and in do-or-die games. Thanks to the court storm curse. But now that curse is broken ever since Filipowski tripped a goat the other day. Surely the power of Nut Punch must be starting to break down after all these years, but nobody has disproven the theory that the world actually ended the day of the pittsnogling and we’ve been in purgatory ever since. Our bench is really thin this year to make a run on back to back days.

Yep, that WVU game was the last time I've shed tears over the Deacs. My sister and I called each other and just cried on the phone.

Been pretty numb to the results since then

but nobody has disproven the theory that the world actually ended the day of the pittsnogling and we’ve been in purgatory ever since.

I don't see any world where we win three games, including UNC, and get left out beyond there being every stolen berth imaginable. We'd be worst case top 25 KP, top 30-35 NET with 4 Q1 wins (maybe 5 if Florida finds a way to move up a few spots in the SEC). If you take away any anchoring from the bracketology stuff, that's plainly a tournament resume.
Yup, it's that simple. Win the 1st 2 and beat UNC. Otherwise, we're out. And UVA should not be feeling safe, especially if they lose their 1st game.

If we win our first 2 and UVA loses its first game....That would get interesting. How would they take Pitt or UVA over us? Would that mean 3 ACC teams make the tourney?

Back