• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Bubble

Sparty continue to get benefit from committee. Why are they safe?

We have won a total of 5 ACCT games over the last 20 years. We even lost a game in a tournament that didn’t happen. We are not going to win 3 this week.
While I 100% agree, it still just doesn't make sense why our past 19 seasons would have anything to do with this one. But somehow they have everything to do with it and we will not make a run because Wake.

This is interesting. I think it would be instructive to list each of the Q1/2 wins by margin, venue and NET (or KP) rather than pigeon hole into the arbitrary quad system.

I maintain WF has better quality wins than UVA by a good bit to go with the superior KP/Torvik profile

Yeah Michigan State is pretty mediocre. They get absolutely nothing from their bigs

We have won a total of 5 ACCT games over the last 20 years. We even lost a game in a tournament that didn’t happen. We are not going to win 3 this week.

Obviously the odds are low on 3 tourney wins (especially if Carolina ends up as the opponent in the semi's) but you also predicted a double digit loss to Clemson because the Wake team had quit.

Obviously the odds are low on 3 tourney wins (especially if Carolina ends up as the opponent in the semi's) but you also predicted a double digit loss to Clemson because the Wake team had quit.
I was wrong, we won yesterday. I was right though during the ND game when I said we were out of the NCAAT. The team had quit.

Pitt had a horrible nonconference schedule and not enough big wins to balance out 2 Q3 losses. If they beat Wake in the ACCT they’d have three Q1 wins (Duke, UVA, Wake). If 1 of their 3 Q1 wins end up being a Wake team that gets left out of the tournament and another one is bubble team UVA, I’m not sure if that’s enough for a team of their profile. Beating UNC probably gets them there though, agreed.

Outside of the Wake blowout game they’ve been fantastic since the end of January, but they dug themselves a giant hole from November to mid January.
Same as Wake losing to bottom four SEC team UGa & bottom half SEC team LSU. Probably same with Utah, coming from a lowly PAC conference that only has 2 teams getting in (and maybe a third in Colorado) and finished with a losing conference record.

Take care of Nov/Dec close to what Clemson did and we would be in like them. Can’t hang on “if we had Reid”. We beat Florida starting Keller and playing Marion a little.

Would be really nice to get to semi-final Friday again!!!!!!!!!!!! One day

I was wrong, we won yesterday. I was right though during the ND game when I said we were out of the NCAAT. The team had quit.
That's still not right, though. I'm not saying getting to the ACCT finals is likely, but there's still a viable PATH™ to make the tournament. We can still get in only making the semis.

THE TEAM HAS QUIT! EVERYTHING IS SHIT! FIRE FORBES! I'M OUT! DONE WITH THIS TEAM FOREVER!

Back